PřF:GS061 economic geology - Course Information
GS061 economic geologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: -.
- doc. RNDr. Marek Slobodník, CSc. (lecturer)
- doc. RNDr. Marek Slobodník, CSc.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Final state exam is based on compulsory courses. As fundamentals are overview of genesis of deposits and development of mineral-forming processes. Important part is knowledge of economic and environmental aspects of mining. Basic overview of world and regional sources in CR and their geological context are parts of required knowledge.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Student should be able to explain ore- and mineral-forming processes and basic economic terms of mineral deposits.
- Learning outcomes
- Student is able to propose a solution for practical geological projects.
- Factors affecting and determinating deposits, resereves, sources of raw materials. Ekonomical view of deposit, price of raw materials and evaluation of deposits. Principles of managing of mineral industry, basic law documents. Metods of exploration and investigation of deposits, sources and indications. Classification of deposits of raw materials. The main structural features of deposits, minerals bodies and structures of raw materials. Mineral-forming processes of endogenic types of deposits. Mineral-forming processes of exogenic types of deposits. Fossil fuels and their genetic aspects (carbonification and bitumenization). Minerals for metallurgy, other industrial metals and their important sources. Building and chemical raw materials and their principal sources. Energetic raw materials and their sources. general environmemntal problems associated with deposits exploitation and their solutions.
- ROBB, L. J. Introduction to ore-forming processes. 1st pub. Malden, Mass: Blackwell Publishing, 2005. viii, 373. ISBN 0632063785. info
- Mineral deposits of the world : ores, industrial minerals and rocks. Edited by Mirko Vaněček. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 1994. 519 s. ISBN 802000436X. info
- ROZLOŽNÍK, Ladislav. Ložiská nerastných surovín a ich vyhl'adávanie. 1. vyd. Bratislava: Alfa, 1987. 693 s. info
- Teaching methods
- reading of study materials
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/GS061