PřF:C7350 MS of proteins - practice - Course Information
C7350 Protein characterisation using mass spectrometry - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: graded credit.
- prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Zdráhal, Dr.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Fri 8:00–9:50 C02/211
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( C7250 Mass spectrometry of proteins )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
understand basics of protein identification based on MS a MS/MS data;
select and use correct search software for identification of proteins;
understand basics of interpretation of MS/MS spectra;
- Interpretation of MS data;
- Interpretation of MALDI-MS/MS and ESI-MS/MS data;
- Protein identification based on MS and MS/MS data;
- Introduction into de novo sequencing;
- Characterisation of protein modification - determination of type and site;
- recommended literature
- SNYDER, Peter A. Interpreting protein mass spectra :a comprehensive resource. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. xi, 522 s. ISBN 0-8412-3571-6. info
- Teaching methods
- practical work with data using PC
- Assessment methods
- individual processing of test data
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.