PřF:Bi7020 Practical training in a cytoge - Course Information
Bi7020 Practical training in a cytogenetic/molecular genetic laboratory IFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- vedoucí diplomové práce (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Kuglík, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( Bi7118 Diploma Thesis LGMD - part 1 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Medical Genetics and Molecular Diagnostics (programme PřF, N-BI)
- Course objectives
- The course Practical training in a cytogenetic/molecular genetic laboratory” is focused on further development of experimental part of diploma thesis. The main aim of the course is familiarization of the students with working process in clinical laboratories performing specialized cytogenetic or molecular genetic analyses in humans. The training will be provided after consultation with the supervisor of diploma thesis in one of the clinical laboratories, where the routine cytogenetic or molecular genetic analyses are used for diagnostic purposes. At the end of the course students should be able to use practical skills and better understanding of principles of the clinical genetic and molecular biology required for genetic evaluation of the patients or molecular diagnostics of pathologic microorganisms and genomes.
- Program of practical training is worked out individually according to the current diploma thesis and according to the field of research in individual clinical laboratories. General principles:
- preparation for practical placement, studying of safety regulations, working procedures and regulations of the clinical laboratory, where the practice is realized
- studying of technical literature, methods, manuals and other resourced related to the subject of the practice
- realization of the practical training in the clinical cytogenetic/molecular genetic diagnostic laboratory according to suggestions and requirements of the supervisor of diploma thesis
- Norma ČSN EN ISO 15189 (855101) Zdravotnické laboratoře - Zvláštní požadavky na kvalitu a způsobilost - Medical laboratories - Requirements for quality and competence
- Teaching methods
- Practical placement in a clinical cytogenetic or molecular genetic laboratory
- Assessment methods
- The participation of the students in practical training in laboratory is mandatory. Practice ends by credit. Fulfilling requirements is granted on the basis of laboratory protocols presentation. Credits are awarded by the supervisor of diploma thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses