FF:PLIN023 A schol. lect. and an excurs. - Course Information
PLIN023 A scholarly lecture and an excursion, Pt. 2Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Marek Grác, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dana Hlaváčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 12:30–14:55 T209
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 35 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/35, only registered: 0/35, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/35
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech Language with Orientation on Computational Linguistics (programme FF, B-FI)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Estetic Education (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- The course combines excursions to scholarly linguistic institutions and a series of lectures delivered by both Czech and foreign experts dealing with (not only) corpus and computer processing of language. The aim is to enrich standard teaching of computer linguistics and linguistically orientated Czech studies with concrete examples of work in the sphere of primary as well as of applied linguistic research. The course is aimed especially at students of Czech with the focus on computational linguistics, but it is also open to all students of Czech as well as to students of other philological programmes.
- Learning outcomes (in Czech)
- Student získá absolvováním předmětu vhled do řady témat počítačové lingvisty i jazykovědné bohemistiky aktuálně řešených v rámci aplikačního výzkumu i praxe v IT firmách regionu,v médiích, redakcích apod. Je schopen zpracovat relevantní zprávu o odborné přednášce nebo exkurzi. Na základě znalosti konkrétní náplně práce v aplikační sféře bude schopen zvolit vhodný typ oborové pracovní stáže, brigády a následně i absolventského uplatnění.
- Excursions will take place especially at the Institute of the Czech National Corpus (Charles University, Prague), at various sections of the Institute of the Czech Language (Czech Academy of Sciences) and at other companies and institutions at which graduates from programmes focused on computational linguistics Czech studies and other related subjects can find positions. The series of lectures will be focused especially on topics form the spheres of theory and practice of corpus and computational processing of language, on issues of computational translation, on analysis and synthesis of spoken language etc. Some of the lectures will deal with “non-computational” linguistic topics from the field of Czech studies.
- Literatura bude studentům zadávána aktuálně v relaci k tématům přednáškového cyklu a zaměření navštívených lingvistických pracovišť.
- Teaching methods
- The focus is on active participation of students, with regard to the issues dealt with. Students will be encouraged to make scholarly preparations for lectures and excursions, to participate in discussions and to process the acquired knowledge as a team.
- Assessment methods
- To complete the course successfully, it is necessary to participate actively in two of the excursions and in two of the lectures and to process assigned tasks relating to those activities (especially a report on the selected activity).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.