PdF:CJ3BP_LOS1 Czech Lit 20th Cent 1 - Course Information
CJ3BP_LOS1 Czech Literature of the 1st Half of the 20th Century 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Poláček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Poláček, CSc.
Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Petra Rozbořilová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language and Literature (programme PdF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to outline the main changes in the development of the Czech literature in the years 1890-1918. It emphasises the problematic nature of individual literary genres and key personalities as well as the social context. Students will get an insight into basic trends and movements of Czech literature in the period in question, as well as into the specific nature of their poetics. They will be able to identify and analyze the style of outstanding personalities, significant for that particular period.
- 1. General characteristics of the 1990s. 2. New artistic movements. 3. Poetry of the 1990s. 4. Prose of the 1990s. 5. Drama and Theatre of the 1990s. 6. Literary criticism and periodicals of the 1990s. 7. General characteristics of the years 1900-1918. 8. Artistic movements at the beginning of the 20th century. 9. Poetry 1900-1918. 10. Prose 1900-1918. 11. Drama and Theatre 1900-1918. 12. Literary criticism and periodicals 1900-1918.
- required literature
- GALÍK, Josef, Erik GILK, Petr HORA, Jana KOLÁŘOVÁ, Petr KOMENDA, Radek MALÝ, Eduard PETRŮ, Martin PODIVÍNSKÝ, Jan SCHNEIDER, Jiří SKALIČKA and Alena ŠTĚRBOVÁ. Panorama české literatury. Edited by Lubomír Machala. Vydání první. Praha: Knižní klub, 2015. 607 stran. ISBN 9788024248189. info
- Dějiny české literatury. Edited by Jan Mukařovský. 1. vyd. Praha: Victoria Publishing, 1995. 714 s. ISBN 80-85865-48-3. info
- recommended literature
- ČERVENKA, Miroslav. Slovník básnických knih : díla české poezie od obrození do roku 1945. Praha: Československý spisovatel, 1990. ISBN 80-202-0217-X. info
- Slovník literárních směrů a skupin. Edited by Štěpán Vlašín. 2., dopl. vyd. Praha: Panorama, 1983. 367 s. info
- Čeští spisovatelé z přelomu 19. a 20. století. Edited by Zdeněk Pešat. Praha: Československý spisovatel, 1972. info
- Teaching methods
- Students will get an insight into basic trends and movements of Czech literature in the period in question, as well as into the specific nature of their poetics. They will be able to identify and analyze the style of outstanding personalities, significant for that particular period. Students will further develop their literary knowledge and interpretational skills with the aim to communicate with a literary work more effectively. They will creatively use their knowledge gained not only in contact classes but also in their individual study of recommended literature which they will be able to discuss regularly with their teacher.
- Assessment methods
- Type of course: seminar. Type of completion: credit. Credit requirements: oral presentation and a written assignment (criteria concerning its structure will be dealt with in the seminar), plus active participation and attendance (two nonattendances).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/CJ3BP_LOS1