PdF:CJ3BP_LOS1 Czech Lit 20th Cent 1 - Course Information
CJ3BP_LOS1 Czech Literature of the 1st Half of the 20th Century 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Poláček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Poláček, CSc.
Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Nataša Vrbová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- CJ3BP_LOS1/01: Wed 9:20–11:00 učebna 58, J. Poláček
CJ3BP_LOS1/02: Thu 14:50–16:30 učebna 64, J. Poláček
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language and Literature (programme PdF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to outline the main changes in the development of the Czech literature in the years 1890-1918. It emphasises the problematic nature of individual literary genres and key personalities as well as the social context. Students will get an insight into basic trends and movements of Czech literature in the period in question, as well as into the specific nature of their poetics. They will be able to identify and analyze the style of outstanding personalities, significant for that particular period.
- 1. General characteristics of the 1990s. 2. New artistic movements. 3. Poetry of the 1990s. 4. Prose of the 1990s. 5. Drama of the 1990s. 6. Theatre of the 1990s. 7. Literary criticism and periodicals of the 1990s. 8. General characteristics of the years 1900-1918. 9. Artistic movements at the beginning of the 20th century. 10. Poetry 1900-1910. 11. Prose 1900-1918. 12. Drama 1900-1918. 13. Theatre 1900-1918. 14. Literary criticism and periodicals 1900-1918.
- Dějiny české literatury. Edited by Jan Mukařovský. 1. vyd. Praha: Victoria Publishing, 1995. 714 s. ISBN 80-85865-48-3. info
- GALÍK, Josef. Panorama české literatury :(literární dějiny od počátků do současnosti). Edited by Lubomír Machala - Eduard Petrů. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Rubico, 1994. 547 s. ISBN 80-85839-04-0. info
- BRABEC, Jiří [literární histori. Dějiny české literatury. 3, Literatura druhé poloviny devatenáctého století. Edited by Miloš Pohorský. 1. vyd. Praha: Nakladatelství Československé akademie věd, 1961. 631 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Students will get an insight into basic trends and movements of Czech literature in the period in question, as well as into the specific nature of their poetics. They will be able to identify and analyze the style of outstanding personalities, significant for that particular period. Students will further develop their literary knowledge and interpretational skills with the aim to communicate with a literary work more effectively. They will creatively use their knowledge gained not only in contact classes but also in their individual study of recommended literature which they will be able to discuss regularly with their teacher.
- Assessment methods
- Type of course: seminar. Type of completion: credit. Credit requirements: oral presentation and a written assignment (criteria concerning its structure will be dealt with in the seminar), plus active participation and attendance (three nonattendances).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses