Teacher Education - Vocational Training
Degree programme specification
Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the study program of Teaching practical education is to create professional, pedagogical, psychological, communication and other personality-cultivation competencies for the work of a teacher of practical education or vocational training.
The study program is prepared in accordance with the Act on Educational Workers (Act No. 563/2004 Coll., On Educational Workers, as amended) by fully qualified teachers of practical education at secondary vocational schools and apprentice schools. The study is six-semester and the graduates will acquire knowledge in the field of general pedagogical, didactic, subject didactic and selected other relevant specialized subjects.
The graduates can work as teachers of practical training of the relevant field in the following areas: vocational training, apprenticeship practice, practical training and all practical exercises. They can also apply their qualifications in institutions dealing with the relevant field of education (training courses, retraining, professional qualifications, further education, etc.).
The study is single-subject and the core of the training consists of profile pedagogical and discipline didactic disciplines, whose logical sequence ensures gradation of the graduate's preparation. Through the intersection for all professions we chose subjects of economic character and management.
- Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- use and apply his/her broad special knowledge for his/her teaching practice;
- use properly the basic methods of teaching in high school;
- work for specialized workplaces; he/she knows the safety principles and principles of health protection related to work;
- evaluate the suitability of educational methods in practice;
- select (from a broad spectrum of new knowledge) and use for teaching suitable current issues and to present them appropriately in the classroom;
- to think critically about the use of pedagogical and psychological knowledge in the practice of practical teaching teachers, to read common pedagogical and psychological texts for teachers and to understand them creatively;
- establishes educational goals and methods, plans, implements and reflects teaching sequences and activities to fit into the school curriculum;
- analyze the educational or educational situation in terms of educational communication, propose an alteration of the educational or educational situation, which corresponds to the rules of effective educational communication;
- to understand their own process of self-reflection, eg to better substantiate and evaluate their arguments, to name their emotions and their relation to action or to critically look at their own attitudes towards education;
- use the basic methods and tools of pedagogical diagnostics in practice and obtain data available for individual support of the student / client;
- to formulate arguments from theory and practice his own concept of education, which he would like to apply in his future profession;
- explain the basic principles of inclusive and special education; it reflects its attitude to diversity and its influence on its own pedagogical practice;
- understand the basic concepts, theories and interpretative frameworks of developmental and social psychology.
- Occupational Profiles of Graduates
By studying the Bachelor's degree program Teaching Practical Training he / she acquires the necessary competencies that will enable him / her to work as a teacher of practical training according to Act No. 563/2004 Coll. According to this Act, a teacher of practical education acquires professional qualifications, inter alia, by university education obtained by studying in an accredited study program in the field of educational sciences. According to the Education Act as amended by Act No. 82/2015 Coll. support is provided for the education of children, pupils and students with special educational needs through so-called support measures. One of the support measures is the assistant teacher. In addition, the graduate can work as an assistant teacher, in leisure centers, as educator in youth homes, educator in after-school clubs, in various civic associations engaged in educational activities. In addition to the professional outcome, the graduate is ready to enter the follow-up Master's program Teaching vocational subjects for secondary schools (after fulfilling the admission conditions).
- Regulated Professions
- Secondary school teacher
- Practical Training
Teaching practice is in accordance with the general concepts of the Faculty of Education. The system of pedagogical practice is long-term and systematic aimed at developing the student's professional skills and preparing him / her for the role of a teacher.
The system of pedagogical practice is set up in such a way that in the long term and systematically it aims at the development of professional competences of the student and prepares him / her for the full mastery of the role of the teacher of practical education (in this context vocational subjects (here we talk about teaching practice, which is devoted to the space in the curriculum of the follow-up Master's study). Given that we see practice and its reflection as a cornerstone in the preparation of future assistants and teachers, we have expanded the space for practice and reflection in the innovative practice system and made practice a mandatory part of study. The system of practices leads to the gradual development of professional competencies, by exposing the system of practices in accordance with the hierarchy of professional development needs of assistants and teachers, as well as their specialization. Given that Teaching Practical Training is a comprehensive study program includes a system of practices and a teaching (field) component.
- Goals of Theses
The objectives of the qualification work are defined by specific standards. Specific standards theses for bachelor degree course in Practical Education and the related field of study Teacher Training in Vocational Education specifies requirements for the goals, content and formal requirements, evaluation of undergraduate (BP), master's (DP) and theses (ZP LLP) above of these fields. The Standard follows the Dean's Instruction No. 1/2015. The standards are based on the profile of the graduate of the above mentioned disciplines, focusing on his / her conception of the professional competencies of the teacher / teacher of practical education in high school. Standards are intended for students and final assessors as a methodical aid in the creation, but also for the evaluation of bachelor's and master's theses (leaders and opponents).
-demonstrate an awareness of the current issues of their field of study, they can clearly and comprehensibly define the topic of the final thesis and its objectives, describe the initial state of knowledge and propose appropriate methods of achieving their stated goals;
-work with appropriate primary and secondary sources of information, cite them according to a valid standard (APA or ISO) and in accordance with the ethics of academic work;
-through the creation of their own text they demonstrate stylistic competence, and the ability to create an academic text;
-demonstrate the ability to ask questions and solve problems, to formulate new ideas and conclusions that bring at least some new knowledge about the phenomenon being studied, or enrich the methodological (in the area of research) or methodical (in the area of education) procedures in relation to clearly defined target groups (students at primary and secondary school, groups with specific educational needs, etc.).
- Access to Further Studies
A graduate of the bachelor study program may (after fulfilling the admission conditions) continue in the follow-up master's program.
- Additional Information