CST:DAJ3 Critical Thinking - Course Information
DAJ3 Critical Thinking for Critical TimesPan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Libor Štěpánek, Ph.D.
Contact Person: PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D.
- Upper-intermediate language skills in English, ability to actively participate in class discussions. (B2/C1)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 18/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- Course objectives
- Critical thinking is a critical skill for everybody living in the post factual times. It can help you make sense of arguments and opinions of others and reflect on and question your own arguments and assumptions. This course is designed to provide you with an opportunity to develop and practice identification, analysis and assessment of arguments using diverse critical thinking skills and techniques. It will be organised around group and individual tasks, and problem-solving as well as discussion in-class and online activities. It will focus mostly on spoken argumentation based on academic reading and listening.
- Teaching methods
- It will be organised around group and individual tasks, and problem-solving as well as discussion in-class and online activities. It will focus mostly on spoken argumentation based on academic reading and listening.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: Wednesday 24th April 10-16.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celodenní seminář/whole day seminar.