ESF:BKH_ZMAN Principles of Management - Course Information
BKH_ZMAN Principles of ManagementFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Ladislav Blažek, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Ladislava Kuchynková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Pavla Marciánová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Ladislav Blažek, CSc.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 17. 10. 16:00–19:50 P101, Fri 27. 11. 12:00–15:50 P102, 12:00–15:50 P106, Sat 12. 12. 12:00–15:50 P104, 12:00–15:50 P103
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BKH_MAN1 Management 1 )&&(! NOWANY ( BKH_MAN1 Management 1 ))&&(! FAKULTA ( ESF ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on management in business organizations as well as in non-business organizations.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- explain the incorporation of general management into the relevant scientific disciplines
- describe the trends of management in the context of economic, social and political conditions of the twentieth century and further development on the threshold of twenty-first century
- explain the nature of an organization
- describe basic types of organizational structures
- apply the principles of organization on the creation of organizational structures
- explain the impact of organizational strategy and organizational culture on the organizational structure
- explain the nature of planning and decision-making
- describe the organizational and procedural way of decision-making
- explain the decision-making process and its various stages
- apply methods of decision analysis to solving decision-making problems
- explain the nature of influencing
- describe the principles of selected motivational theories and explain their relationship to the incentive instruments and motivational system
- explain the essence of leadership, motivation and communication
- use basic management skills.
- Thematic plan of the course: 1. Define of general management
- 2. Development trends of management
- 3. Organisation I
- 4. Organisation II
- 5. Corporate governance
- 6. Competitive Intelligence
- 7. Decision making I
- 8. Decision making II
- 9. Decision making III
- 10. Motivation I
- 11. Motivation II
- 12. Leadership
- 13. Knowledge and experience from the management practices.
- required literature
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management. 2. rozš. Praha: Grada, 2014. 211 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-4429-2. info
- recommended literature
- DONNELLY, James H., James L. GIBSON and John M. IVANCEVICH. Management. Translated by Václav Dolanský - Josef Koubek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 821 s. ISBN 9788071694229. info
- VEBER, JAROMÍR A KOL. Management. 2nd ed. Praha: Management Press, 2009. 734 pp. ISBN 978-80-7261-200-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Tutorials take place in the form of lectures, consulations and self-study.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by an oral exam. The precondition for the oral exam is to work up and hand over (by the date stated) 2 pieces of POT (paper corrected by the tutor) Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nezapisují si studenti oborů mateřských na ESF MU.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2020/BKH_ZMAN