ESF:PPPAFI Law and Finance - Course Information
PPPAFI Law and FinanceFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Dana Šramková, Ph.D., MBA (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Viktória Čejková, Ph.D.
Department of Law - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc.
- Wed 7:40–9:15 P403
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PPPAFI/2: Wed 12:50–14:30 VT203, J. Šedová, D. Šramková
PPPAFI/3: Wed 9:20–11:00 VT203, J. Šedová, D. Šramková
PPPAFI/4: Wed 16:20–17:55 VT203, J. Šedová, D. Šramková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The course is designed as an introduction to problems of legal relations of financial market.
Structurewise, the course is composed of three thematic blocs.
The introductory part clarifies basic aspects of legal environment of the financial market of the Czech Republic. The second part pays attention to principles functioning in the legal framework of the capital market. It explains the structure of the capital market with particular attention to the legal enactment of investment instruments of the capital market, system of their registration and subjects of the capital market. Third part explains fundamentals of the legal environment of banking market. It emphasizes legal instruments of bank activities, especially bank deposits and bank credits. Principles of the banking market legal regulation are also explained.
At the end of this course students will:
- be able to explain the specific character of financial market legal framework;
- understand meaning of basic terms of the Czech financial market;
- be familiar with enactment of basic capital market legal institutions;
- know main risks connected with making banking contracts;
- be able to work with basic legal documents of Financial Law in order to be able to interpret and apply these documents to concrete situations in the corporate environment.
- One topic per week:
- 1. Legal environment of the financial system in the Czech Republic. The importance of legal environment for the development of the financial system in the Czech Republic. Legal framework of financial institutions in the Czech Republic.
- 2. The capital market (Investment instruments market, investment instruments, investment services – main, subsidiary).
- 3. Investment securities (Issue of shares, issue of bonds, issue of participation certificates. Registration /quotation/ of listed securites. Invalidation of listed securites registration).
- 4. Subjects of the capital market (jobbers, investment brokers, organizers of the securities market, subjects of collective investing).
- 5. Principles of securites registration (transfer of securities, securites registration, mandatory securites takeover bid, public bid for a purchase of shares).
- 6. The capital market state supervision
- 7. The banking market state supervision.
- 8. Commercial bank deposits (current accounts, term deposits, time deposits, deposit notes, savings notes. Definition, function, contract basis, contract conditions, subjects, risks, advantages).
- 9. Commercial bank credits (bank credit, consumer lending, bank overdraft, discount credit, bank credit cards. Definition, function, contract basis, contract conditions, subjects, risks, advantages).
- 10. Building society deposits (Building society contract. Credit offered by building society. State assistance. Definition, function, contract basic, contract basis, subjects, risks, advantages).
- 11. Mortgage deposits. Mortgage credits (mortgage credit contract). State credit. Definition, function, contract basis, contract conditions, subjects, risks, advantages.
- 12. Consumer cooperative deposits.(Consumer cooperative credits. Definition, function, contract basis, contract conditions, subjects, risks, advantages).
- 13. Leasing. (Definition, function, contract basis, contract conditions, subjects, risks, advantages).
- Topics of the seminars:
- 1. Introdution.
- 2. Investment securities. Conditions of the stock convertibility.
- 3. Investment services. Dealers of the investment services.
- 4. Conditions of jobber business. MIFID.
- 5. Collective investment funds.
- 6. Securities register. Check test /1/.
- 7. Financial institutions responsibility.
- 8. EU banking directives. BASEL 2.
- 9. Basic principles of provision of banking guarantees, opening of credits, establishing of collection.
- 10. Legal position of client of compulsory administration bank, bank in liquidation, unlicence bank, bankruptcy proceedings.
- 11. Non-standard business in a bank sector. Check test /.
- 12. System of payment. Foreign exchange trading.
- 13. Alternate date for a check test/project assignment. Retake check test.
- 2. Šimáček, M. a kol.: Průvodce kapitálovým trhem. 1. vyd., Praha : Fortuna, 2004. ISBN 80-7168-883-5.
- 4. Bakeš a kol.: Finanční právo (3. vydání), C.H.Beck Praha 2003
- 3. Šedová, J. Studijní texty. Brno : ESF, 2005 (https://online.econ.muni.cz , CN_KPPAFI Právo a finance, Studijní texty),
- 4. Večerková, A.-Faldyna, F.-Kobliha, I.-Pokorná, J.-Vítek, J.-Tomsa, M.-Rozehnalová, N.-Balabán, P.-Pohl, T. Obchodní právo. 1. vyd. Praha: Meritum 2005. ISBN 80-86395-90-1.
- 5. Barák, J., Hartlová, V., Žlebková, M. Zákon o bankách, komentář a předpisy související. Praha : Linde, 2003. ISBN: 80-7201-418-8.
- Povinná literatura: Rejnuš, O. Peněžní ekonomie-Finanční trhy. 3.přepracované a rozšířené vydání VUT Brno, ISBN: 978-80-214-3466-0
- Assessment methods
- Lectures, practical examples, discussion of solved cases, argumentation.
The course finishes with a written exam. Students are allowed to take the final exam after the following requirements have been met: prescribed seminar attendance, passing of a check test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: max. 20 cizích studentů; cvičení pouze pro studenty ESF
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2008/PPPAFI