ESF:PPZAPR Introduction to Law - Course Information
PPZAPR Introduction to LawFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Radomír Kučera (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc.
Department of Law - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Dáša Třísková
- Thu 16:20–17:55 P102, Thu 16:20–17:55 P101
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Introduction to Law (PPZAPR) The course is predominantly theoretical but it is designed so that it conveys the knowledge of selected legal institutes necessary for an efficient orientation in positive legal regulations. Students will be acquainted with the nature of law as a social phenomenon and with its functions. They will learn the concepts of jurisprudence. They will learn how to use concrete sources of law in the Czech Republic and legal norms so that they can use, interpret and apply them to concrete realities and so that they can manifest orientation in the system of branches of law. Special attention is given to the mechanisms of control of state power, especially in its relation to an individual (basic human rights, division of power, the principle of a legal and democratic state). The subject forms the basic knowledge for other courses dealing with law. It lays the essential foundation for the subjects Business Law and Administrative Law. Examination: written and oral.
- KUČERA, Radomír. Základy práva (Introduction to Law). 1st ed. Brno: MU, 2002. 89 pp. ISBN 80-210-2940-4. info
- Knapp V.: Teorie práva, C.H.Beck, Praha 1995
- Šíma, Suk: Základy práva pro střední a vyšší odborné školy, 5. vydání. Praha, C.H.Beck 2002
- Filip, Svatoň, Zimek: Základy státovědy, 2. vyd. Brno, MU 2000
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: max. 30 cizích studentů; cvičení pouze pro studenty ESF