ESF:MPJ_PJPFD Presentation skills and techni - Course Information
MPJ_PJPFD Presentation skills and techniques in GermanFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavlína Dufková (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiřina Hrbáčková (lecturer)
PhDr. Helena Hušková (lecturer)
PhDr. Zdena Kuchařová Kalná (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zdena Kuchařová Kalná
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Mgr. Lenka Skoupá
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPJ_PJPFD/01: Mon 14:35–16:15 S313, P. Dufková
MPJ_PJPFD/02: Mon 16:20–17:55 S313, P. Dufková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 38 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/38, only registered: 0/38, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/38
- Course objectives
- Presentation Skills in German is a follow-up to the required course Foreign Language I/German. It is designed to develop students' communication skills in a business setting. Students become gradually familiar with presentation structures, extend their vocabulary using formal collocations and phrases, and develop advanced presentation techniques and delivery skills. Main objectives of the course: - to acquaint students with the basic techniques used in the process of preparing and giving a presentation; - to extend their vocabulary related to this discipline; - to practise the newly learnt skills in front of the audience.
- 1. Body position and breathing, exercises
- 2. Body language, gestures, mimics, non-verbal communication, eye contact, exercises, games
- 3. Speech, paraverbal communication (voice tone and pitch), paradigm of verbal communication, pronunciation and intonation, exercises
- 4. Language means in communication – part I: conversation initiation, being given the floor, argumentation, contribution to the topic
- 5. Language means in communication – part II: emphasis, changing the subject, connectors, recapitulation, conclusion
- 6. Styles of specialist language communication, common phrases, idioms, sentence patterns and text structure
- 7. Presentation preparation: assembling information, information classification and structuring, introduction to a presentation, mini-presentation delivery
- 8. Presentation preparation: expression of main ideas, mini-presentation delivery, conclusion, exercises: elevator speech
- 9. Presentation aids: mid maps, visuals, overhead transparencies, PowerPoint, leaflets, handouts, music
- 10. Subject presentation, five-point presentation structure, exercise referring to a selected subject, presentation delivery
- 11. Product presentation: particularities, demonstration – video
- 12. Company presentation: structure, the use of figures, graphs, and tables, demonstration – video
- 13. Presentation delivery and evaluation
- Brehler, R.: Modernes Redetraining. Emmen ,1998. ISBN 3-85002-382-6
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in the form of seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Presentation of an economic and political topic in German and evaluation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.