ESF:MPJ_PJPFD Presentation skills and techni - Course Information
MPJ_PJPFD Presentation skills and techniques in GermanFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavlína Dufková (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Bc. Milan Boháček, M.A. (assistant)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Sojková
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Bc. Lenka Joch
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPJ_PJPFD/01: Mon 16:20–17:55 S313, P. Dufková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Presentation Skills in German is a follow-up to the required course Foreign Language I/German. It is designed to develop students' communication skills in a business setting. Students become gradually familiar with presentation structures, extend their vocabulary using formal collocations and phrases, and develop advanced presentation techniques and delivery skills. Main objectives of the course: - to acquaint students with the basic techniques used in the process of preparing and giving a presentation; - to extend their vocabulary related to this discipline; - to practise the newly learnt skills in front of the audience.
- 1. Body position and breathing, exercises
- 2. Body language, gestures, mimics, non-verbal communication, eye contact, exercises, games
- 3. Speech, paraverbal communication (voice tone and pitch), paradigm of verbal communication, pronunciation and intonation, exercises
- 4. Language means in communication – part I: conversation initiation, being given the floor, argumentation, contribution to the topic
- 5. Language means in communication – part II: emphasis, changing the subject, connectors, recapitulation, conclusion
- 6. Styles of specialist language communication, common phrases, idioms, sentence patterns and text structure
- 7. Presentation preparation: assembling information, information classification and structuring, introduction to a presentation, mini-presentation delivery
- 8. Presentation preparation: expression of main ideas, mini-presentation delivery, conclusion, exercises: elevator speech
- 9. Presentation aids: mid maps, visuals, overhead transparencies, PowerPoint, leaflets, handouts, music
- 10. Subject presentation, five-point presentation structure, exercise referring to a selected subject, presentation delivery
- 11. Product presentation: particularities, demonstration – video
- 12. Company presentation: structure, the use of figures, graphs, and tables, demonstration – video
- 13. Presentation delivery and evaluation
- required literature
- Brehler, R.: Modernes Redetraining. Emmen ,1998. ISBN 3-85002-382-6
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in the form of seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Presentation of an economic and political topic in German and evaluation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.