ESF:BPE_AEPO Economic Policy - Course Information
BPE_AEPO Economic PolicyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Aleš Franc, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The course is designed to create the learning environment for mastering the economic policy making. It enables students to grasp the problems of the role of the government in the market economy, formulating and checking general rules governing economic system operations, activities of the decision-making centre etc. The course has synthetizing character and broadens knowledge acquired in the courses of economic theory.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- explain reasons of government interventions in the economy and its risks;
- understand major tools of microeconomic and macroeconomic policy and its functioning;
- describe major trends in modern economic policy
- understand political aspects of economic policy
- Introduction to the theory of economic policy
- Limits of economic policy
- Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy
- Exchange rate policy
- Trade policy
- Growth policies
- Competition policy
- Labor market policy
- Social policy and welfare state
- recommended literature
- BÉNASSY-QUÉRÉ, Agnès. Economic policy : theory and practice. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. xii, 709. ISBN 9780195322736. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures are based on case studies which extend the theoretical backgrounds.
- Assessment methods
- Final exam: written test (multiple-choice). 60 % of correct answers are needed to pass.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.