ESF:BPE_AEPO Economic Policy - Course Information
BPE_AEPO Economic PolicyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Aleš Franc, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Ondřej Špetík (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 16:00–17:50 S309
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/24, only registered: 0/24, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/24
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme ESF, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Economics and Administration (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The course is designed to create the learning environment for mastering the economic policy making. It enables students to grasp the problems of the role of the government in the market economy, formulating and checking general rules governing economic system operations, activities of the decision-making centre etc. The course has synthetizing character and broadens knowledge acquired in the courses of economic theory.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to:
- explain reasons of government interventions in the economy and its risks;
- understand major tools of microeconomic and macroeconomic policy and its functioning;
- describe major trends in modern economic policy
- understand political aspects of economic policy
- Introduction to the theory of economic policy
- Limits of economic policy
- Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy
- Balance of Payments and Exchange rate policy
- Growth policies
- Labor market policy
- Social policy and welfare state
- recommended literature
- BÉNASSY-QUÉRÉ, Agnès. Economic policy : theory and practice. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. xii, 709. ISBN 9780195322736. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, student projects and class discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Final exam: final project, written test (essay type).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.