ESF:MPV_PRAX Internships - Course Information
MPV_PRAX InternshipsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Mirka Wildmannová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Jana Biskupová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mirka Wildmannová, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- (( MPV_PRAX Internships && SOUHLAS ) || !( MPV_PRAX Internships ))
Enriching the knowledge from so-far passed courses of the theoretical framework with practical experience concerning activities of organizations and institutions focusing on fields defined in the respective study programs that students go through at the faculty. It should increase the success of students in their transition to practice as well as their successful functioning in the job market.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/40, only registered: 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject Special Working Experience is designed to provide supplemental findings to subjects already completed. It brings practical experience in the area of activities of organizations and institutions, conforming to the Public Economics field of study, which concentrates on the sphere of the public sector. The aim of the subject is to get students familiar with public administration, non-profit organizations, etc. In the environment of the given corporations, students try to find solutions to particular corporate problems including discussions with notable experts of the field. Through this process, the course intends to ensure the raise in the students’ success regarding the transition into the practice and their exercise in the labour market.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to pass the subject PRAXE:
- identify and describe the structure of the organization where it practiced;
- to describe the activity he performed in the institution;
- describe other relatinship that related to his/her activity during the practice;
- to apply the theoretical knowledge he/she gained in the activities he /she did in practice;
- to be able to dermine which knowledge he/she used in the course of his/her practice;
- to dermine which acquired knowledge and skills were completely new to the student;
- a) The length of Special Working Experience must be at least 3 weeks. It can be run continuously or on particular days within the semester, the exam period or during the holidays according to the conditions arranged between the faculty, company and student. The faculty is represented by the guarantor of Special Working Experience.
- b) Students can also perform the Special Working Experience in their current occupation, as far as this occupation corresponds with students’ field of study. In this case, Special Working Experience must be approved by the guarantor in advance and a contract between the faculty, company and student must also be made.
- c) Special Working Experience is recommended to be part of students’ diploma work preparation in the particular company.
- d) Before entering the Special Working Experience students will be on-line instructed by the guarantor about the basic conditions for performing and finishing the Special Working Experience. During the semester is the guarantor avalible for students for the questions about Special Working Experience describing the course, results and contribution of Special Working Experience.
- e) Performing Special Working Experience must not affect the participation of students in all other courses in the running semester.
- required literature
- Příručka studenta. Podpora odborných praxí a stáží na ESF MU u budoucích zaměstnavatelů. Brno: ESF MU, 2011. On-line.
- recommended literature
- REKTOŘÍK, Jaroslav. Důležitost zapojení studentů do řešení problémů praxe ("Importance of the students' engagement into the traineeships issues"). In Realizace spolupráce vysokých škol s odběratelskou sférou. První. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. p. 10-37, 27 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-4482-1. info
- NAVRÁTIL, Pavel, Libor MUSIL, Jitka NAVRÁTILOVÁ and Monika ŠIŠLÁKOVÁ. Odborná praxe a supervize: hledání příkladů dobré praxe (Professional practice and student supervision: looking for examples of good practice). 2007. URL info
- Teaching methods
- The length of Special Working Experience must be at least 3 weeks. It can be run continuously or on particular days within the semester, the exam period or during the holidays according to the conditions arranged between the faculty, company and student.
- Assessment methods
- The subject is concluded with a credit. For obtaining the credit, students must hand in: The “Special Working Experience confirmation” filled in a due form with evaluation of an employee’s, who has been in charge of the working experience on behalf of the organization. The final report about the working experience development and its results in the form of a seminar work, where the student summarizes the particular working experience contribution to his/her own personal development, assesses acquired findings in relation to the theory and makes a total reflection of the working experience. Daily notes about the working experience development as a part of the “Special Working Experience confirmation”. One of the requirements for obtaining the credit is also his/her participation in the last seminar, where he/she presents his/her seminar work and fills in the questionnaires about the working experience (continuous questionnaire and questionnaire after finishing the working experience) available at www.econ.muni.cz/praxe. Part of the questionnaire after finishing the working experience as well as part of the final report is also recommendation of at least two topics for a bachelor or diploma thesis, which can be carried out in the organization where the Special Working Experience has been done.
If students commit a prohibited act, such as using various forbidden tools, cribbing, taking out any part of the exam or any other cheating, the teacher is allowed to interrupt an exam and to grade a student with F, FF or FFF according to the seriousness of the offence. The mentioned procedure relates to all the activities that are included in the final evaluation of the course (seminar work, essays, tests etc.).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Note related to how often the course is taught: výuka neprobíhá, instrukce jsou předávány on-line či osobními konzultacemi, Praxe je ralizována zpravidla mimo ESF MU (s výjimkou praxe pro některé z pracovišť fakulty).
Information on course enrolment limitations: Maximální počet studentů pro tento předmět stanovuje před termínem registrace vyučující.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information