ESF:MPV_PRAX Special Working Experience - Course Information
MPV_PRAX Special Working ExperienceFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 4 credit(s) (from 1 credit increase by 1). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. David Póč (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Jan Šelešovský, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jan Šelešovský, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Kociánová
- ! PVOP Special Working Experience
The course completes students’ knowledge, gained from passed courses of a theoretical nature, with practical experience from activities of organizations and institutions focusing on areas defined by study fields that students concentrate on at the Faculty. This should increase students’ success rate in their transfer into practice and their placement on the job market.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is designed to provide students with supplemental knowledge to subjects previously completed. It offers practical experience in the area of activities carried out by organizations and institutions, conforming to the Public Economics field of study, which concentrates on the sphere of the public sector. The aim of the course is getting to know public administration, non-profit organizations, etc. In the environment of the given corporations, students are expected to participate in finding solutions to particular corporate problems including discussions with notable experts of the field. This should increase students’ success rate in their transfer into practice and their placement on the job market.
- a) The length of the practice must be at least 3 weeks. It can be run continuously or on particular days within the semester, the exam period or during the holidays according to the conditions arranged between the faculty, company and students. The faculty is represented by the guarantor of the field of study (head of the department) or the guarantor of practice programs.
- b) Students can also perform the Special Work Experience in their current occupation, as far as this occupation corresponds to students’ field of study. In this case, Special Work Experience must be approved by the guarantor in advance and there must also be made a contract between the faculty, company and student.
- c) Special Work Experience is recommended to be a part of students’ diploma work preparation in the particular company.
- d) Before entering the Special Work Experience, students will be instructed by the guarantor about the basic conditions for performing and finishing the Special Work Experience. During the semester, a special seminar will be organized where students will present their seminar work about Special Work Experience, describing the course, results and contribution of Special Work Experience.
- e) The performing of Special Work Experience must not affect students’ participation in all other courses in the running semester.
- required literature
- REKTOŘÍK, Jaroslav. Důležitost zapojení studentů do řešení problémů praxe ("Importance of the students' engagement into the traineeships issues"). In Realizace spolupráce vysokých škol s odběratelskou sférou. První. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2007. p. 10-37, 27 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-4482-1. info
- Teaching methods
- The length of Special Working Experience must be at least 3 weeks. It can be run continuously or on particular days within the semester, the exam period or during the holidays according to the conditions arranged between the faculty, company and student.
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded with awarding the credit. For obtaining the credit, students must hand in: the “Special Work Experience confirmation” filled in a due form with the evaluation by an employee’s, who has been in charge of the work experience on behalf of the organization. The final report about the work experience development and its results in the form of a seminar paper, where the students summarize the particular work experience contribution to their own personal development, assess the acquired findings in relation to the theory, and make an overall assessment of the work experience. Daily notes about the work experience development as part of the “Special Work Experience confirmation” have to be delivered as well. One of the requirements for obtaining the credit is also students’ participation in the last seminar, where they present their seminar paper and fill in questionnaires about the work experience (continuous questionnaire and questionnaire after finishing the work experience) available at www.econ.muni.cz/praxe. Part of the questionnaire after finishing the work experience as well as part of the final report is also recommendation of at least two topics for a bachelor or diploma thesis, which can be carried out in the organization where the Special Work Experience has been executed.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PVOP.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Maximální počet studentů pro tento předmět stanovuje před termínem registrace vyučující.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information