ESF:BKE_ZEKO Principles of Economics - Course Information
BKE_ZEKO Principles of EconomicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Ing. Monika Jandová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jan Jonáš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Monika Jandová, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 18. 9. 16:00–19:50 P101, Sat 9. 10. 8:00–11:50 P104, Sat 6. 11. 16:00–19:50 P102
- (! BPE_MIE1 Microeconomics 1 ) && (! BKE_MIE1 Microeconomics 1 ) && (! BPE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 ) && (! BKE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 ) && ! NOWANY ( BKE_MIE1 Microeconomics 1 , BKE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 )
Students who are required to complete BPE_MIE1 and BPE_MAE1 according to the study plan do not enroll this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Management in Sport (programme FSpS, B-TV)
- Sports Management (programme FSpS, B-TVS)
- Culture Management (programme FF, N-OT)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Social Studies Basics (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- The course Principles of Economics introduces basic issues in both micro- and mainly macroeconomics. The aim of this course is not to include complete economics.
Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
- to understand the economic way of thinking;
- to learn the most important economic terms and their practical applications;
- to be able to apply the basic economic theory to practical examples from the Czech and world economy;
- to gain basic knowledge for other economic courses.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- actively use basic economic terms;
- understand how the labor market works and what are its limitations;
- calculate basic macroeconomic aggregates and describe their development;
- compare the costs and benefits of monetary unions;
- critically discuss the implications of state intervention in the economy;
- 1. Principles of economics
- 2. Market forces and efficiency
- 3. Producer and consumer
- 4. Firms and market structure
- 5. Measuring the nation's income
- 6. Economic growth, cyclical fluctuations
- 7. State interventions in the economy
- 8. Earnings - inequity, discrimination, poverty
- 9. Unemployment
- 10. Inflation
- 11. Fiscal policy
- 12. Monetary policy
- 13. Open economy
- required literature
- HOLMAN, Robert. Základy ekonomie pro studenty vyšších odborných škol a neekonomických fakult VŠ. Vyd. 1. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2000. xvi, 360. ISBN 8071794341. info
- recommended literature
- MANKIW, N. Gregory. Zásady ekonomie. Praha: Grada, 2000. 763 s. ISBN 80-7169-891-1. info
- LIPOVSKÁ, Hana. Moderní ekonomie: Jednoduše o všem, co byste měli vědět (Modern economics: Just about everything you need to know). 1st ed. Praha: GRADA Publishing, a. s., 2017. 256 pp. ISBN 978-80-271-0120-7. URL info
- Teaching methods
- The course has a form of a lecture.
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded by a written exam. It is necessary to obtain at least 60% of points for successful completion of the course.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří mají dle studijního plánu povinnost absolvovat BPE_MIE1 a BPE_MAE1. Students who are required to complete BPE_MIE1 and BPE_MAE1 according to the study plan do not enroll this course.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses