ESF:BKE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 - Course Information
BKE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Libor Žídek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jan Jonáš, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Libor Žídek, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 6. 3. 16:00–19:50 P106, Sat 13. 3. 16:00–19:50 P106, Sat 15. 5. 8:00–11:50 P106
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! BPE_MAC1 Macroeconomics 1 ) && (! BPE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 ) && (! NOWANY ( BPE_MAC1 Macroeconomics 1 , BPE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1 ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to exercise an orientation in the basic knowledge of functioning of the economy. They acquire dispositions for better understanding of the contemporary world. They will gain insight into the nature of the basic economic concepts.
- Learning outcomes
- After successful completion of the course, student will be able to:
- understand basic macroeconomic phenomena and concepts,
- apply knowledge from macroeconomics to events in the economy,
- discuss and present his or her own opinion
- In three teaching blocks are discussed following topics:
- 1. measuring of GDP and inflation (chapters 22 and 23)
- 2. economic growth chapter 24)
- 3. labour market and unemployment (chapters 26 and 20)
- 4. financial system and public finance (chapters 25 and 12)
- 5. banks and monetary system (chapter 27)
- 6. quantitative theory of money and inflation (chapter 28)
- 7. international trade (chapter 9)
- 8. open economy - basic concepts (chapter 29)
- 9. open economy - a model (chapter 30)
- 10. AD and AS (chapter 31)
- 11. impact of monetary and fiscal policies on AD (chapter 32)
- 12. relationship between infltion and unemployment (chapter 33)
- required literature
- MANKIW, N. Gregory. Zásady ekonomie. Praha: Grada, 2000. 763 s. ISBN 80-7169-891-1. info
- Teaching methods
- There are 3 tutorials during the semester.
- Assessment methods
- The students have to write POT, 2 tests in the IS and fill self-correcting exercises in the IS during the semester. The exam takes place in the exam period. The exam has a written form. It is necessary to have more than 60 % to pass the exam. The final written test is to be taken during the exam period. Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- BKE_HOP1 Economic Policy
- BKE_ZEKO Principles of Economics
(!BPE_MIE1) && (!BKE_MIE1) && (!BPE_MAE1) && (!BKE_MAE1) && !NOWANY(BKE_MIE1,BKE_MAE1)
- BKV_VEF1 Public Finance 1
- BPE_MAC1 Macroeconomics 1
(!BKE_MAE1) && (!BPE_MAE1) && (!BPE_AMA1) && (!NOWANY(BKE_MAE1,BPE_MAE1,BPE_AMA1))
- BPE_MAE1 Macroeconomics 1
(!BPE_AMA1)&&(!BKE_MAE1) && (!BPE_MAC1) && (!NOWANY(BKE_MAE1,BPE_MAC1,!BPE_AMA1))
- BPE_ZEKO Principles of Economics
(!BPE_MIE1) && (!BPE_MAE1) && (!BKE_MAE1) && (!BKE_MIE1) && !NOWANY(BPE_MIE1,BPE_MAE1) && forma(P) && typ_studia(BN) && fakulta(med) || fakulta(phil) || fakulta(law) || fakulta(fss) || fakulta(sci) || fakulta(fi) || fakulta(ped) || fakulta(fsps)
- BKE_HOP1 Economic Policy
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2021/BKE_MAE1