ESF:MKE_MAE2 Macroeconomics 2 - Course Information
MKE_MAE2 Macroeconomics 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Ing. Jan Čapek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Libor Žídek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Chalmovianský (assistant)
Alla Kachur (assistant)
Ing. Magdalena Šuterová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 19. 2. 8:00–11:50 P101, Sat 5. 3. 8:00–11:50 P101, Sat 19. 3. 8:00–11:50 P101, Sat 2. 4. 8:00–11:50 P101, Sat 30. 4. 8:00–11:50 P101
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! MPE_AMA2 Macroeconomics 2 ) && (! MPE_MAE2 Macroeconomics 2 ) && (! NOWANY ( MPE_MAE2 Macroeconomics 2 , MPE_AMA2 Macroeconomics 2 ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objective is to introduce students to modern macroeconomics. The objectives are to
- offer a balance between short-run and long-run issues in macroeconomics,
- integrate the insights of Keynesian and classical theories,
- present macroeconomics using a variety of simple models,
- emphasize that macroeconomics is an empirical discipline, motivated and guided by a wide array of experience. To this end, numerous Case Studies are presented that use macroeconomic theory to shed light on real-world data and events.
The approach followed in the course asks students to think like economists, who always keep various models in mind when analysing economic events or public policies.
- Learning outcomes
- After successful completion, student will be able to competently discuss various macroeconomic topics and understand the underlying mechanisms behind observed macroeconomic development.
More specifically, student will be able to, among others,
- explain the difference between short-run and long-run models,
- understand the determination of output in the long run and describe the deviations of output from potential product in the short run,
- distinguish the main determinants of long-run economic growth,
- predict the effects of fiscal and monetary policies in various macroeconomic conditions.
- Macroeconomic data
- National Income
- Money and Inflation
- Open Economy
- Economic growth
- ISLM model
- Mundell-Fleming model
- Aggregate Supply and Phillips Curve
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- required literature
- MANKIW, N. Gregory. Macroeconomics. Tenth edition. New York: Macmillan international, higher education, 2019. xxxv, 612. ISBN 9781319105990. info
- MANKIW, N. Gregory. Macroeconomics. Ninth edition. New York: Worth Publishers, 2016. xxxv, 642. ISBN 9781464182891. info
- recommended literature
- HOLMAN, Robert. Makroekonomie : středně pokročilý kurz. 2. vyd. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2010. xiv, 424. ISBN 9788071798613. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Final exam: written test (+ self-correction exercises for each teaching block). Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
Students can get one additional exam point if their fulfilling of auto-correction exercises is successful.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 20 hodin.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2022/MKE_MAE2