ESF:BPF_FIU2 Financial Accounting 2 - Course Information
BPF_FIU2 Financial Accounting 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jaroslav Sedláček, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Eva Hýblová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Michaela Jurová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Alois Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Zuzana Křížová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jaroslav Sedláček, CSc.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 9:20–11:00 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPF_FIU2/02: Thu 11:05–12:45 P303, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU2/03: Thu 14:35–16:15 P303, Z. Křížová
BPF_FIU2/04: Thu 12:50–14:30 P303, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU2/05: Mon 11:05–12:45 P312, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU2/06: Tue 11:05–12:45 P106, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/07: Mon 9:20–11:00 P312, E. Hýblová
BPF_FIU2/08: Tue 12:50–14:30 P312, M. Jurová
BPF_FIU2/09: Tue 12:50–14:30 P102, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/10: Tue 7:40–9:15 P102, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/11: Thu 12:50–14:30 P103, P. Valouch
BPF_FIU2/12: Tue 14:35–16:15 P102, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/13: Wed 9:20–11:00 S308, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/14: Wed 12:50–14:30 S311, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/15: Wed 14:35–16:15 S402, A. Konečný
BPF_FIU2/16: Wed 7:40–9:15 P303, A. Konečný
- ( PFFUI Financial Accounting I || BPF_FIU1 Financial Accounting 1 )&&(! PFFUII Financial Accounting II )
The subject Financial accounting II connects on Financial accounting I and on the knowledge that the students gained in their studies up to the present in the basic faculty courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 401 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/401, only registered: 0/401, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/401
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course a student should be able to:
- apply theoretical approaches to identify the problem and propose a financial solution;
- using appropriate accounting methods for rendering economic processes in companies;
- analyze economic problems, to propose a procedure to assess the impact of accounting and financial solutions for profit;
- compile the financial statements of the enterprise.
- 1. The meaning and character of short-term financial assets and liabilities, their valuation, accounting techniques, inventorying and analytical evidence. 2. Inventory accounting methods, its valuation, inventorying and analytical evidence. 3. Specific accounting techniques concerning internally produced inventory. Strange cases of inventory accounting at the end of accounting period. 4. Accounting techniques concerning long-term assets of accounting unit. Difference in valuation connected to acquired property and goodwill. 5. Characteristic of clearing relations. Accounting procedures concerning receivables and liabilities from business relationships. 6. Clearing with employees, institutions, shareholders, corporations and companies associated in group. Taxes and subsidies. Temporary accounts of assets and liabilities. 7. Accounting concerning equity of accounting unit. Changes in equity, capital funds, profit funds, accumulated profit or outstanding loss from previous years and loss/profit from this accounting period. 8. Accounting concerning long-term borrowed capital and reserves. Obligation emission and long-term bank credits. 9. Costs and returns – accounting procedures, profit, analytical evidence related to income tax. Calculation of the base for income tax, calculation of income tax due. Deferred income tax. 10. Final accounts. Control of completeness, correctness and conclusive evidence of accounting. Inventorying of assets and liabilities and closing of accounting books. Calculation and clearing of income tax. 11. Compilation of closing accounting statements – balance sheet, profit and loss statement, Notes to the financial statements, cash flow statement and equity changes statement. 12. Information technologies in accounting (software products). 13. The ways of accounting harmonisation (within the bounds of European integration, IFRS and US GAAP).
- required literature
- SEDLÁČEK, Jaroslav a Eva HÝBLOVÁ a Zuzana KŘÍŽOVÁ a Petr VALOUCH. Finanční účetnictví. 2. přepracované vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. 240 s. ISBN 978-80-210-5832-3.
- SEDLÁČEK, Jaroslav, Eva HÝBLOVÁ, Zuzana KŘÍŽOVÁ and Petr VALOUCH. Praktikum finančního účetnictví k osvojení postupů účtování v obchodních společnostech (Practical financial accounting for the acquisition of accounting practices in companies). 1. vyd. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, s.r.o., 2011. 157 pp. Účetnictví. ISBN 978-80-7380-305-6. info
- recommended literature
- KOVANICOVÁ, Dana. Abeceda účetních znalostí pro každého [Kovanicová, 2000]. 10. aktualizované vyd. Praha: Polygon, 2000. 374 s. + Ú. ISBN 80-7273-003-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture of the theory, on the seminars accounting of economic operations typical for companies using the chart for the target businesses. Preparation of financial statements.
- Assessment methods
- Claims for exam: Successfully going through control tests during semester (two tests at 27 points for admission to examination must be a minimum of 17 points). The next claims for admission to exam are exercise presentation at the blackboard that has every student to fulfil during semester at specified date. The exercise is chosen to every student by the lector always in minimally one week advance. Unless the student is excused (he is ill), he has to present the exercise at specified date. There is written exam (2 to 3 theoretical questions and 2 to 3 examples maximum can get 30 points for successfully passing the exam min. 19 points).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PFFUII.
Credit evaluation note: k = 1,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses