ESF:MPV_ANVP Public policy analysis - Course Information
MPV_ANVP Public Policy AnalysisFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Marek Pavlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 9:20–11:00 P304
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MPV_ANVP/03: Wed 7:40–9:15 S310, I. Malý, M. Pavlík
- No special prerequisites are set up.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to understand principles of policy formulation and policy analysis in the general context as well as in the context of health policy or education policy. The course is split into two halves. The first provides a general knowledge base about policy analysis while the second applies this knowledge on health policy or education policy (Student may choose one of them).
- MODUL1 Public policy
- 1) Principles and problems public policy
- 2) Public policy in theory and in the context of government
- 3) Actors' of public policies
- 4) Principles of public policy formulation
- 5) Policy analysis, policy advocacy - principles and problems
- 6) Selected methods of policy analysis
- MODUL 2a - Health politics and policy
- Health policy and health care policy; Demand and supply of health care; actors' of health policy; Economics aspects of health policy; analysis of selected issues
- MODUL 2b - Education politics and policy
- Education policy; Economics aspects of education policy; Analysis of selected issues
- Malý, I., Kotherová, Z. - Zdravotní politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- Potůček, M., Pavlík, M. a kol.: Veřejná politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- Kohoutek J., Veselá A. a kol. Vzdělávací politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- DUNN, William N. Public policy analysis : an introduction. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2007. xv, 496. ISBN 9780136155546. info
- Analysing public policy. Edited by Peter John. London: Continuum, 1998. 227 s. ISBN 1855675862. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures; group discussions,; readings; group work
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for being eligible to take the examination include: at least 50% of points from midterm exam;
The final grade is composed from: 30% team-discussion contest, 30% midterm, 40% oral final exam.
- Language of instruction