ESF:MPV_ANVP Public policy analysis - Course Information
MPV_ANVP Public Policy AnalysisFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Marek Pavlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- No special prerequisites are set up.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to understand the principles of policy formulation and policy analysis in the general context as well as in the context of health policy. The course is split into two modules. The first provides a general knowledge base about public policy and public policy analysis, while the second applies this knowledge on health policy.
Expected learning outcomes: be able to understand and analyse context of public policies, be aware of policy analysis process; be able to suggest simple policy as well as analyse weaknesses of existing public policies; gain better writing as well as presentation skills.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- evaluate the outputs and outcomes of public policies
- to analyze the process of policy formulation and implementation
- to understand basic priciples of the health care sector and health economics
- to apply selected methods of economic analysis on policy issues
- MODULE 1 Public policy
- 1) Principles and problems public policy
- 2) Public policy in theory and in the context of government
- 3) Actors' of public policies
- 4) Principles of public policy formulation
- 5) Policy analysis, policy advocacy - principles and problems
- 6) Selected methods of policy analysis
- MODULE 2 - Health politics and policy
- Health policy and health care policy; Demand and supply of health care; actors' of health policy; Economics aspects of health policy; analysis of selected issues
- required literature
- Potůček, M., Pavlík, M. a kol.: Veřejná politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- Malý, I., Kotherová, Z. - Zdravotní politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- recommended literature
- Health systems, health, wealth and societal well-being : assesing the case for investing in health systems. Edited by Josep Figueras - Martin McKee. 1st ed. Meidenhead: Open University Press, 2012. xxi, 302. ISBN 9780335244300. info
- DUNN, William N. Public policy analysis : an introduction. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2007. xv, 496. ISBN 9780136155546. info
- Analysing public policy. Edited by Peter John. London: Continuum, 1998. 227 s. ISBN 1855675862. info
- Critical challenges for health care reform in Europe. Edited by Richard B. Saltman - Josep Figueras - Constantino Sakellarides. Buckingham: Open University Press, 1998. xvi, 424. ISBN 0335199712. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures; group discussions,; readings; group work
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for being eligible to take the examination: at least 100 of points from semestral activities.
The final grade is composed of: oral final exam with respect to points gained during semester
- Language of instruction