ESF:DXH_TEFI Theory of the firm - Course Information
DXH_TEFI Theory of the firmFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 24/0/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Michal Jirásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Bc. Petr Suchánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Bc. Petr Suchánek, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Přikrylová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Mon 25. 2. 12:00–15:00 S307, Mon 11. 3. 12:00–13:59 S307, Mon 25. 3. 12:00–15:00 S307, Mon 8. 4. 12:00–15:00 S307, Mon 29. 4. 12:00–15:00 S307, Mon 13. 5. 12:00–15:00 S307
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to apply choosen theory of the firm to the business economics internship. Students should be able to modify choosen theory in the framework of different conditions of market and environment too.
- 1. Introduction, explanation with the terms of course completion 2. Neoclassical model of the firm (adjusted to the conditions of Business Practice of CR) 3. Solution sub-problems within the seminar work (in the form of a scientific article) 4. Presentation of a component of the seminar work in progress 5. Solution other sub-problems within the seminar work (in the form of a scientific article) 6. Presentation another component of the seminar work in progress 7. Solving final problems of processing seminar work 8. Presentation of the final version of the seminar work (in the form of a scientific paper presentation)
- required literature
- SUCHÁNEK, Petr. Podnikohospodářská analýza (The analyse of business economy). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 110 pp. Monografie 1. ISBN 80-210-3985-X. info
- recommended literature
- CYERT, Richard Michael and James G. MARCH. A behavioral theory of the firm. 2nd ed. Cambridge, Mass.: Blackwell Business, 1992. xii, 252. ISBN 0631174516. info
- SPULBER, Daniel F. The theory of the firm : microeconomics with endogenous entrepreneurs, firms, markets, and organizations. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2009. xiii, 529. ISBN 9780521736602. info
- Teaching methods
- theoretical lectures and practice
- Assessment methods
- Presentation and discussion of the seminar work
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.