ESF:BPH_STAZ Working Experience - Course Information
BPH_STAZ Working ExperienceFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 20 credit(s) (from 1 credit increase by 1). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Mgr. Michal Krčál, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. et Ing. Petr Venuta (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Michal Krčál, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BPH_PIS2 Corporate Information Systems
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Having practical experience and developing capabilities is not only crucial for IS/ICT sector labour market but also for continuing in subsequent master studies. Therefore, the goal of this course is to provide the students a possibility to contextualize their knowledge gained from their studies and from their work on bachelor thesis during an internship in an organization in IS/ICT sector.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- apply knowledge gained during studies in the business context; - orient and cooperate with people in an organizational environment; - plan the career development; - tailor the study curriculum according to the needs of employers.
- The length of the internship has to be at least 60 working days (480 hours). Detailed information about administrative measures regarding internship and its procedure are available at: http://www.econ.muni.cz/studenti/dalsi-odborne-rozvojove-aktivity/praxe-staze Enrolling in the course does not mean that student is entitled to the internship. The number of the internships and the selection of students for the internship will be based on the decision of the companies offering the internships.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded by a credit. For obtaining the credit, students must hand in the „Special Working Experience Confirmation“ with their evaluation and a final report about the working experience. The extent of the final report is 20 pages. Students may write the report in one of these languages: Czech, English and German (according to the country of the practical traineeship), but only in case of the supervisor's approval.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Příslušný počet kreditů za absolvování přidělí garant předmětu podle platné směrnice.
Credit evaluation note: k=0,66.