ESF:BPJ_JI2N Foreign Language I/2 - G - Course Information
BPJ_JI2N Foreign Language I/2 - GermanFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Bc. Mgr. Petra Chládková (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Sojková (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Sojková
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- BPJ_JI2N/01: Mon 12:00–13:50 S301, Thu 10:00–11:50 S301, P. Sojková
- ( BPJ_JI1N Foreign Language I/1 - G )
The subject is designed for students who completed the BPJ_JI1N (PJI1N)course successfully.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 80 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/80, only registered: 1/80
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 49 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In the second semester the course develops skills covered in the BPJ_JI1N course and provides an opportunity to master further topics and skills typical for a more complex communication, and to apply them to professional activities typical of the business environment, such as:
- interpretation of graphical data,
- communication over telecommunication devices,
- taking minutes and
- writing up messages.
This subject further develops students’ general and business vocabulary as well as grammatical structures typical for technical language. The stress is again put not only on the development of communication skills, but also on the ability to use the acquired knowledge actively.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- understand a general economic text of upper-intermediate difficulty level,
- discuss covered economic topics and
- orientate themselves in German economic terminology relating to the covered topics.
- 1. Career, Purchase contract
- 2. Foreign trade risks, Performing an order
- 3. Reminder
- 4. Complaint letter and reply to a complaint letter
- 5. Business agent, Agency contract, Correspondence with a business agent
- 6. Applying for a job, Writing a CV
- 7. Cultural differences, Bank reference
- 8. Small talk, Personal correspondence
- Wirtschaftskommunikation Deutsch, V. Eismann
- Chapter 8: Demand (Ex. 2,3), Supply (Ex. 4), Delivery terms (Ex. 5)
- Chapter 8: Payment terms and delivery time (Ex. 6,7),Peculiarities of foreign trade (Ex. 8,9,10,11)
- Chapter 8:Breach of a purchase contract (Ex.12), General terms of sale and delivery (Ex. 13), Order processing (Ex. 14,15)
- Chapter 9: Company profile (Ex. 1), Demand processing (Ex. 2), Check of ability to deliver (Ex. 3,4)
- Chapter 9: Compiling an offer (Ex. 5,6,7), Chapter 10: Offer negotiations (Ex. 4,5), Submitting a new offer (Ex. 7)
- Chapter 11: Distribution channels (Ex. 4,5), Outlets in foreign markets (Ex. 10,11)
- required literature
- HÖPPNEROVÁ, Věra, Jarmila MATĚNOVÁ and Zuzana GELNAROVÁ. Obchodujeme německy. 5. vyd. Praha: Ekopress, 2013. 278 s. ISBN 9788086929965. info
- EISMANN, Volker. Wirtschaftskommunikation Deutsch Neu. Berlin: Langenscheidt, 2008. 223 s. ISBN 9783468904653. info
- recommended literature
- HUŠKOVÁ, Helena. Německá čítanka ekonomických textů a cvičeními. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2008. 73 s. ISBN 9788021045712. info
- DREYER, Hilke and Richard SCHMITT. Lehr- und Übungsbuch der deutschen Grammatik. 1. Aufl. Ismaning: Max Hueber, 2000. 359 s. ISBN 3-19-007255-8. info
- BÜRGER, Josef. Wirtschaftswörterbuch Tschechisch-Deutsch. 1. vyd. Plzeň: Nakladatelství Fraus, 1998. 775 s. ISBN 80-85784-29-7. info
- BÜRGER, Josef. Wirtschaftswörterbuch deutsch-tschechisch. 1. vyd. Plzeň: Fraus, 1997. 823 s. ISBN 80-85784-28-9. info
- Teaching methods
- This course is taught in the form of seminars.
- Assessment methods
- This course is completed with an exam - both written and oral an B2 level.
Credit requirements include the following:
- 80% active participation in seminars (systematic continuous preparation and fulfilling assigned tasks),
- 60% success rate in the final credit test,
- elaborating a seminar paper according to an instructor’s guidelines and handed in by a deadline set by an instructor).
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination."
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PJI2N.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BPJ_JI2N