ESF:BPV_CMME Culture and Mass Media Economy - Course Information
BPV_CMME Culture and Mass Media EconomicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Vojtěch Müllner (lecturer)
doc. Ing. František Svoboda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. František Svoboda, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 16:00–17:50 S313
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 22/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme ESF, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Economics and Administration (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the historical development of cultural institutions, their current form and the structure of their financing. Partial sectors of culture are presented in the context of valid legislation and management.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student should be able to:
-descibed, explained and analysed of the causes of the existence of the cultural sector, the development of its structure
-interpret the basic approaches of the different schools of economic thought to the existence and the appropriate extent of subsidizing culture
-describe basic cultural sector structures and explain the basic principles of their functioning.
-explained and analysed market structures in some segments of culture
- Defining Culture and Cultural Policy
- Price, market and state
- Financing Culture I.
- Financing Culture II.
- Cultural subsectors I
- Cultural subsectors II.
- required literature
- A handbook of cultural economics. Edited by Ruth Towse. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2003. xi, 494. ISBN 1840643382. info
- recommended literature
- Beauty. Edited by Roger Scruton. New York: Oxford University Press, 2009. xi, 223 p. ISBN 019955952X. info
- The politics of culture : policy perspectives for individuals, institutions, and communities. Edited by Gigi Bradford - Michael Gary - Glenn Wallach. New York: New Press, 2000. xiv, 364. ISBN 1565845722. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, reading, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Written test (50% of correct answers is needed to pass), oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: spring semester.
General note: Předmět je určen pouze pro zahraniční studenty.
Information on course enrolment limitations: this course is only for foreign students
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BPV_CMME