ESF:CKJ_JA2P English - Course Information
CKJ_JA2P EnglishFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Markéta Kovaříková (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Eva Punčochářová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Sojková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Markéta Kovaříková
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
- Wed 11. 3. 13:00–16:40 S315, Wed 22. 4. 13:00–16:40 S315, Wed 13. 5. 13:00–16:40 S315
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( TYP_STUDIA ( C ) && OBOR ( EMAOB ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Economics and Management in Trade - dm drogerie markt (programme ESF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- Foreign Language CKJ_JA2P: At the beginning of the course students should: - have lower-intermediate knowledge of the English which they can verify while taking the entrance test. Main objectives of the course: - to acquire and deepen the knowledge of grammatical structures; - to expand vocabulary, placing special emphasis on professional economic and business terminology as the basis for successful professional communication; - to develop the techniques of business correspondence in a foreign language; - to achieve the B2 level of CEFR.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: - understand a general economic text of upper-intermediate difficulty level, - discuss covered economic topics and - orientate themselves in English economic terminology relating to the covered topics.
- CKJ_JA2P Unit 10: Counterfeiting – Keynotes, Preview, Listening 1, Reading (Imitating property is theft), Vocabulary 1&2, Language check (1st, 2nd and 3rd conditional), Listening 2, Career skills, Dilemma and decision. Unit 11: Markets – Keynotes, Preview, Reading (Going, going, gone?), Vocabulary 1 & 2, Language check (gerunds and infinitives), Career skills, Dilemma and decision. Unit 12: Lobbies – Keynotes, Preview, Listening 1, Reading (Of celebrities, charity and trade), Vocabulary 1, Language check (modal verbs of obligation), Listening 2, Vocabulary 2, Career skills, Dilemma and decision, Review 4. Unit 13: Communication – Keynotes, Preview, Reading (Coping with infoglut), Vocabulary, Listening 1, Language check (reported speech), Listening 2, Career skills, Dilemma and decision. Unit 14: Logistics – Keynotes, Preview, Reading (The best thing since the barcode), Vocabulary 1, 2 and 3, Listening 1, Language check (passives), Career skills, Dilemma and decision.
- Intelligent Business Intermediate Coursebook/CD Pack Author(s): Tonya Trappe,Graham Tullis ISBN: 9781408255995
- Náhradní obsah: Intelligent Business Intermediate Workbook and CD pack Author(s): Louise Pile ISBN: 9780582846913
- DYNDA, Antonín a Eva DYNDOVÁ. Česko-anglická obchodní korespondence. 4. opravené. vyd. Praha: Pragoeduca, 2001. xxix, 520. ISBN 80-85856-89-1.
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students : with answers. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. x, 350. ISBN 052143680X.
- Teaching methods
- Emphasis is put on self-study.
- Assessment methods
- Emphasis is put on self-study and completing home assignments throughout the course. Course completed with a credit test. Credit is awarded after the following criteria have been met: - home assignments sucessfully completed, - 60% pass mark for the credit test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Teacher's information
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/CKJ_JA2P