ESF:CKJ_JA2Z English - Course Information
CKJ_JA2Z EnglishFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Markéta Kovaříková (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Eva Punčochářová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Sojková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Markéta Kovaříková
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
- Wed 11. 3. 13:00–16:40 168, Wed 22. 4. 13:00–16:40 168, Wed 13. 5. 13:00–16:40 168
- ( TYP_STUDIA ( C ) && OBOR ( EMAOB ))
At the beginning of the course students should have elementary or lower-intermediate knowledge of general English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Economics and Management in Trade - dm drogerie markt (programme ESF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course:
- to acquire the specialized language of business and economics,
- to improve general language skills.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students should be able to:
- understand a slightly specialized text,
- master less demanding forms of business communication.
Students should achieve the A2+ level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After successful completion of the course, the specialized language will be an open system which the students can adapt to their professional needs.
- 1. Image
- 2. Success
- 3. Future
- 4. Location
- required literature
- COE, Norman, Mark HARRISON and Ken PATERSON. Oxford practice grammar : basic : s výkladem gramatiky v češtině. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. ix, 295. ISBN 9780194579766. info
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in Use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. xi, 319. ISBN 9780521675802. info
- JOHNSON, Christine. Intelligent business : pre-intermediate : coursebook. 1st ed. Harlow: Pearson Longman, 2006. 176 s. ISBN 0582848016. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521537622. info
- Teaching methods
- Three blocks of four face-to-face lessons per semester and self-study preparation for the credit test as assigned by the teachers.
- Assessment methods
- Credit test: written The test will consist of grammatical and lexical parts. Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/CKJ_JA2Z