ESF:MKH_RIOP Operations Management - Course Information
MKH_RIOP Operations ManagementFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Jaromír Skorkovský, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Jaromír Skorkovský, CSc.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 22. 2. 8:00–11:50 P104, Sat 7. 3. 8:00–11:50 P104, Sat 4. 4. 8:00–11:50 P104, Fri 17. 4. 16:00–19:50 P104
- The subject is related to the knowledge acquired in the preceding courses, particularly the ones based on computer science and economics such as Introduction to computer science and information technologies, Accounting or subjects related to Company management and enterprise processes.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Understanding the reasons and principles of modern methods and their usage as a nonexpendable tool for operation management (processes); enlargement of optics used in checking, evaluation and solving standard situation and problems, which are an indivisible parts of business, distribution and production processes as well as project management; to be able to define a problems and pains which have to be solved by customers every day; ability to define and explain basic benefits and bottom lines which could be reached if chosen method is applied and used correctly from the various angles of view; adoption of main relations and function of ERP system; Every student will probably meet these problems in their every day professional practice and the knowledge acquired in this subject will improve their orientation and give them a significant competitive advantage
- Learning outcomes
- - understand the principles of selected modern methods used to manage operations (processes);
- extend his optic of his overview and evaluation of the standard situations and problems that are part of business, distribution, production processes and project management;
- be able to better understand the pains that customers face every day;
- be able to define and explain the basic benefits of using selected methods and tools from different angles of view;
- be able to define and explain the basic benefits having roots in use of methods and tools from different angles of view;
- 1.lecture (block : 4 tuition hours): Introduction to a problems, typical project and the associated knowledge. Theory of constraints, Thinking processes and tool (Current reality tree, Evaporating cloud tree, Future reality tree) 1st part. ERP characteristics, basic commands and mastery, showing of the function horizons and use. 2.lecture: (block : 4 tuition hours) : Theory of constraints, Thinking processes and tool (Current reality tree, Evaporating cloud tree, Future reality tree) 2nd part. Critical chain I, multitasking, buffer management. Sales and receivable in ERP (modelling of the basic business cases) and showing related posted entries. Use of these data structures for subsequent analysis using filtering, flow fields and reports. Budget roles in EPR system. 3.lecture: (block : 4 tuition hours) : Production principles such as MRP,PRP-II,CONWIP and Drum-Buffer-Rope. Workflow. Fishbone diagram an its use with support of Pareto analysis. P&Q analysis. Presentation of advanced analysis tools integrated in ERP. 4.lecture: (block : 4 tuition hours) : OLAP a Data Mining, workflow Balanced Score Card. Basics of the prospect Theory. Presentation of advanced analysis tools integrated in ERP. Kepner-Tregoe method.
- GOLDRATT, Eliyahu M. Kritický řetěz. Translated by Jan Jirák. Vyd. 1. Praha: InterQuality, 1999. 200 s. ISBN 80-902770-0-4. info
- BASL, Josef, Pavel MAJER and Miroslav ŠMÍRA. Teorie omezení v podnikové praxi : zvyšování výkonnosti podniku nástroji TOC. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 213 s. ISBN 80-247-0613-X. info
- BASL, Josef. Podnikové informační systémy : podnik v informační společnosti. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2002. 142 s. ISBN 8024702142. info
- GOLDRATT, Eliyahu M. Late night discussions : on the theory of constraints. Great Barrington: North River Press, 1992. 71 s. ISBN 0884271609. info
- Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 4.0 Course 8224A, Introduction Training. : Bertelsmann Media, 2004. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and subsequent presentation of modelling the typical business cases, studies by using study materials which will be handed over, discussions and self study. Student will write a seminar work based on lecturer insdtuctions
- Assessment methods
- For combined study the course will be split into 4 blocs of lectures and every block will be 4 hours(units). The subject is provided for combined as well as for full-time study. The complex characteristic of the subject requires often switching to ERP system in order to show practical business cases. In every lesson the teacher will require discussion about the subject and will present real case studies from his expertise for a better understanding of usage of managerial methods and tools. The discussion is expected. The first part of the final exam will consist of a written part, in which the student will prepare a basis for the subsequent oral exam about managerial methods. The questions will be supplied in advance and will be stored on the servers (is.muni.cz ). Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 16 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKH_RIOP