ESF:MKJ_JAJ2 Foreign Language II English - Course Information
MKJ_JAJ2 Foreign Language II EnglishFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Silvie Bilková (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiřina Hrbáčková (lecturer)
Mgr. Markéta Kovaříková (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Lukáčová (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Eva Punčochářová (lecturer)
Mgr. Erika Putnová (lecturer)
Mgr. Ladislav Václavík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Vašíčková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Silvie Bilková
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- (! MKJ_JAZ2 Foreign Language II )
At the beginning of the course students should have elementary or lower-intermediate knowledge of general English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course:
- to acquire the specialized language of business and economics,
- to improve general language skills.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students should be able to:
- understand a specialized text,
- master less demanding forms of business communication.
Students should achieve the B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After successful completion of the course, the specialized language will be an open system which the students can adapt to their professional needs.
- 1. Activities
- 2. Data
- 3. Etiquette
- 4. Image
- 5. Success
- 6. Future
- 7. Location
- 8. Job-seeking
- 9. Selling
- 10. Price
- 11. Insurance
- 12. Service
- 13. Productivity
- 14. Creativity
- 15. Motivation
- required literature
- JOHNSON, Christine. Intelligent business : pre-intermediate : coursebook. 1st ed. Harlow: Pearson Longman, 2006. 176 s. ISBN 0582848016. info
- recommended literature
- COE, Norman, Mark HARRISON and Ken PATERSON. Oxford practice grammar : basic : s výkladem gramatiky v češtině. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. ix, 295. ISBN 9780194579766. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in Use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. xi, 319. ISBN 9780521675802. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521537622. info
- DYNDA, Antonín and Eva DYNDOVÁ. Česko-anglická obchodní korespondence. 4. opravené. vyd. Praha: Pragoeduca, 2001. xxix, 520. ISBN 80-85856-89-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Self-study preparation for the examination.
- Assessment methods
- Examination: written and oral
- 60% of points in the written examination are required for the admission to the oral part.
- the oral part of the exam consists of two parts - a monologue and a dialogue.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět KJAZ2. Zkoušku z jazyka II může student absolvovat v průběhu studia, nejpozději však do termínu státní závěrečné zkoušky.