ESF:MPF_ADTH Diploma thesis - Course Information
MPF_ADTH Diploma thesisFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Karel Ševčík (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to prepare students for the defense of the master thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- identify major and minor problems,
- choose appropriate methods of solution,
- analyze the problem and formulate conclusions of the diploma thesis.
- discussion and arguments in its defense.
- 1. Importance to Diploma Thesis, content and formal elements. How to use quotations, graphs and tables. Diploma Thesis evaluation.
- 2. Introduction to Diploma Thesis, its formal elements. Setting objectives of Thesis. Definition of problem areas as basic parts of Diploma Thesis. Choosing suitable methods depending on aims and subject of thesis. How to defend Diploma Thesis. What to focus on.
- 3. Individual work on setting objectives and structure of Bachelor Thesis, references and statement of references. At the end of this period the concept of Bachelor Thesis should be absolutely clear between student and tutor.
- 4. Individual collection and processing of data, their classification and further consultations.
- 5. Consultation of achieved results.
- 6. Partial review of the first half of the thesis. Consultation of further progress in processing final thesis.
- 7. Checking students’ ability to use literature correctly, further recommendation for completion of work.
- 8. Check of achieved results.
- 9. Preparation of practical section of Diploma Thesis.
- 10. Elaboration on practical section of Diploma Thesis.
- 11. Check of achieved results of Diploma Thesis, tutor’s comments.
- 12. Integrating tutor’s comments into Diploma Thesis, ensuring that all the formal elements are included in the thesis.
- 13. Final review of Diploma Thesis. Tutor’s and opponent’s thesis reports, preparation for defence, consultation of reports.
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation for diploma thesis and its defense.
- Assessment methods
- The course takes the form of consultations with the supervisor of the diploma thesis. The course is successfully completed after uploading the final version of the Diploma Thesis into the Information System of Masaryk University and submission of two hardcopies of the Diploma Thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.