ESF:MPJ_JII2Ab Foreign Language II/2 - E - Course Information
MPJ_JII2Ab Foreign Language II/2 - EnglishFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Silvie Bilková (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiřina Hrbáčková (lecturer)
Mgr. Markéta Kovaříková (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Lukáčová (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Eva Punčochářová (lecturer)
Mgr. Erika Putnová (lecturer)
Mgr. Ladislav Václavík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Vašíčková (lecturer)
Mgr. Markéta Oplatková Plocková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Eva Lukáčová
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPJ_JII2Ab/01: Tue 14:00–15:50 S306, E. Lukáčová
MPJ_JII2Ab/02: Thu 14:00–15:50 S314, M. Kovaříková
MPJ_JII2Ab/03: Thu 16:00–17:50 S314, M. Kovaříková
- ( MPJ_JII1Aa Foreign Language II/1 - E )
The prerequisite for successful involvement in the course is mastering the language skills which form the contents of the previous course Language II/1. Students can test their knowledge by completing a self-evaluation on-line test.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 90 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 38/90, only registered: 0/90, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/90
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 33 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Language II/2 extends the subject matter of Language II/1 and its aim is to reinforce and improve all the skills developed in the previous course. The aim of the course is to achieve the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand written texts dealing with economic topics
- follow and take part in specialized discussions, give their opinion and come up with solutions
- negotiate in every-day business situations
- process advanced forms of professional literature.
After successfully completing the course, the specialized language will be an open system, which the students can adapt to their professional needs.
- 1. Unit 10: Counterfeiting – Keynotes, Preview, Listening 1, Reading (Imitating property is theft) 2. Unit 10: Counterfeiting – Vocabulary 1&2, Language check (1st, 2nd and 3rd conditional), Listening 2 3. Unit 10: Counterfeiting – Career skills, Dilemma and decision; Unit 11: Markets – Keynotes, Preview 4. Unit 11: Markets – Reading (Going, going, gone?), Vocabulary 1 & 2, Language check (gerunds and infinitives) 5. Unit 11: Markets – Career skills, Dilemma and decision; Unit 12: Lobbies – Keynotes, Preview, Listening 1 6. Unit 12: Lobbies – Reading (Of celebrities, charity and trade), Vocabulary 1, Language check (modal verbs of obligation) 7. Unit 12: Lobbies – Listening 2, Vocabulary 2, Career skills, Dilemma and decision, Review 4 8. Unit 13: Communication – Keynotes, Preview, Reading (Coping with infoglut), Vocabulary 9. Unit 13: Communication – Listening 1, Language check (reported speech), Listening 2 10. Unit 13: Communication – Career skills, Dilemma and decision; Unit 14: Logistics – Keynotes, Preview 11. Unit 14: Logistics – Reading (The best thing since the barcode), Vocabulary 1, 2 and 3, Listening 1 12. Unit 14: Logistics –Language check (passives), Career skills, Dilemma and decision 13. Revision
- required literature
- Intelligent Business Intermediate Coursebook/CD Pack Author(s): Tonya Trappe,Graham Tullis ISBN: 9781408255995
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students : with answers. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. x, 350. ISBN 052143680X. info
- DYNDA, Antonín and Eva DYNDOVÁ. Česko-anglická obchodní korespondence. 4. opravené. vyd. Praha: Pragoeduca, 2001. xxix, 520. ISBN 80-85856-89-1. info
- Intelligent Business Intermediate Workbook and CD pack Author(s): Louise Pile ISBN: 9780582846913
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught in the form of seminars.
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded by a written and oral exam. Students may take the oral exam only after they have achieved 60% of points from the written exam.
Students may sit the exam if they fulfil the following conditions:
- 80% attendance
- doing homework regularly
- submitting the seminar work (a report).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.