ESF:MPM_BADM Business Analytics - Course Information
MPM_BADM Business Analytics - Data Analysis and Decision MakingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Vojtěch Přibyla, MBA (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Maria Králová, Ph.D.
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lenka Hráčková
Supplier department: Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPM_BADM/01: Thu 16:00–17:50 VT202, V. Přibyla
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 9/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to demonstrate: • Competence in data analysis with suitable MS Excel tools • Competence to build up complex models in MS Excel for data analysis • Competence of correct results interpretation in business context • Understanding of basic statistical principles and ability to apply it on real cases • Understanding of relying business theory and ability to actively use knowledge the theory for necessary decisions
- Learning outcomes
- Data analysis with suitable MS Excel tools, Competence of correct results interpretation in business context, Ability to apply basic statistical principles on real cases, Ability to actively use data analysis for decision making proces in companies, Competence to build up complex models in MS Excel for data analysis
- Introduction into business analytics • Fundaments of data analysis and decision making • Data analysis and decision making in Finance • Data analysis and decision making in Human Resources • Data analysis and decision making in Customer Relationship • Risk management and data analysis • Planning and budgeting • Basics of Enterprise Resource Planning
- recommended literature
- ALBRIGHT, S. Christian and L. Wayne WINSTON. Business Analytics: Data Analysis & Decision Making. 5th Edition. Stamford, US: CENGAGE Learning, 2015. ISBN 978-1-133-62960-3. info
- BREALEY, A. Richard, C. Stewart MYERS and Franklin ALLEN. Principles of Corporate Finance. Eleven edition. Berkshire, UK: McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. ISBN 978-0-07-715156-0. info
- DYCHÉ, Jill. The CRM handbook: A business Guide to Customer Relationship Management. Fifteenth printing. Indiana, US: Addison-Wesley, 2012. ISBN 978-0-201-73062-3. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is based on three fundamental principles: Business-Related Approach Proper balance between theory and practical cases aims to develop deep understanding of data analysis and the usage in practice. In addition, students will have a chance to train their brains on complex issues and build up their own practical data analytical toolkit. Individual Work Individual exercises on real cases and theory study will develop own capabilities for each student in adequate pace without irrational pressure. Group Knowledge Sharing Chance to share and debate in group a student own solutions will develop their knowledge and improve group communication skills.
- Assessment methods
- Final grade will be determined as follows: • Final exam: 50% (30 % written, 20 % oral) • In class Participation: 10% • Case studies: 40% You are expected to come to class prepared and ready to discuss and participate during lessons.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2021/MPM_BADM