ESF:BPV_MVVS Marketing for NPOs - Course Information
BPV_MVVS Marketing, fundraising and Communication in Non-profit SectorFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Ing. Filip Hrůza, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Simona Škarabelová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Filip Hrůza, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Simona Škarabelová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Simona Škarabelová, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 12:00–13:50 P304, except Wed 30. 3.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPV_MVVS/02: Wed 14:00–15:50 S306, except Wed 30. 3., S. Škarabelová
BPV_MVVS/03: Wed 10:00–11:50 S301, except Wed 30. 3., F. Hrůza
- The course is designed for students of the regular study form in the Public Economy and Administration and Arts Management fields of study.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
understand and explain the specifics of marketing in the public, or non-profit organization ;
on acquired knowledge applicate marketing tools in praxes or public, or non-profit organization;
work with information about public, or non-profit organization and their environment for making marketing strategies of these institutions ;
evaluate current marketing of the public, or non-profit organization ;
create plan of communication, plan of fundraising (i.e. raising funds for non-profit organizations), plan of sponsoring of the public, or non-profit organization ;
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to identify, define and describe basic elements, characteristics and specifics and distinguish between different approaches and directions of marketing in the public sector (public administration, NGO), work with and use different marketing tools and methods and apply them to the practice of public, nonprofit organizations, through the implementation of team projects that students process during the semester on the basis of assignment and in cooperation with real organizations (public administration, NGOs). By combining the theory and practice students will learn within this course critical and analytical thinking, synthesis of the acquired knowledge and findings, also preparation and setting of relevant marketing strategy procedures for different types of non-profit organizations. Students will learn through the implementation of the project how to analyze and build a communication, media, fundraising, sponsorship plans of the organization and, in conjunction with interpretation and theory, will understand the internal interconnection of all these areas, which is finally verified by the test.
- Plan of course:
- 1.Marketing - basic facts, history, marketing steps.
- 2. Marketing mix in the non-profit sector. Marketing of services.
- 3.Market segmentation. Positioning and Repositioning.
- 4.Strategy marketing plan.
- 5. Communication in the non-profit sector.
- 6. Public Relation in the non-profit sector.
- 7. Crises communication. Lobbing.
- 8. Advertising.
- 9. Fundraising.
- 10. Fundrasinigs´methods.
- 11. Work with the donors.
- 12. On-line marketing.
- 13. New trends in marketing.
- required literature
- Hearts and money beyond borders : fundraising from individuals for development and relief. Edited by Ján Mihálik. [Praha]: PDCS, 2012. 335 s. ISBN 9788089563029. info
- BAČUVČÍK, Radim. Marketing neziskových organizací. 1. vyd. Zlín: Radim Bačuvčík - VeRBuM, 2011. 190 s. ISBN 9788087500019. info
- KOTLER, Philip and Alan R. ANDREASEN. Strategic marketing for nonprofit organizations. 6th ed. Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall, 2003. vii, 536. ISBN 013041977X. info
- SELTZER, Michael. Securing your organization's future : a complete guide to fundraising strategies. Rev. and expanded ed. New York: Foundation Center, 2001. xv, 695. ISBN 0879549009. info
- recommended literature
- L. Peter Edles. Fundraising. : Hands-On Tactics for Nonprofit Groups. 2005
- ŠKARABELOVÁ, Simona. Marketing ve veřejném sektoru (Marketing in Public Sector). první. Brno: MU, 2007. 201 pp. elektronické skriptum. ISBN 9788021042926. info
- Marketing management. Edited by Philip Kotler. 10. rozšířené vyd. Praha: Grada, 2001. 719 s. ISBN 8024700166. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations of outputs, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- Final multiple choice test (20 questions = 20 points´, success minimum 12 points.) Final (group) project - output in writing and oral form (ppt. presentation of marketing tools). Be part of seminars less in 60 %
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Pokud se zapíše méně než 15 studentů, může být předmět vyučován více individuálně, příp. blokovou formou.