FI:PB007 Software Engineering I - Course Information
PB007 Software Engineering IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lukáš Daubner (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Stanislav Chren (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jakub Kadaši (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Matěj Karolyi (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jan Konstant (seminar tutor)
Bc. Tomáš Krutý (seminar tutor)
Mgr. František Lachman (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marián Macik (seminar tutor)
Bc. Markéta Naušová (seminar tutor)
Bruno Rossi, PhD (seminar tutor)
Bc. Daniel Schramm (seminar tutor)
Roman Solař (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Macák (assistant)
Marko Řeháček (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Fri 10:00–11:50 D1
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PB007/02: Thu 16:00–17:50 B117, L. Daubner
PB007/03: Wed 8:00–9:50 B116, S. Chren
PB007/04: Wed 10:00–11:50 B116, S. Chren
PB007/05: Wed 12:00–13:50 B311, S. Chren
PB007/06: Wed 18:00–19:50 B116, J. Kadaši
PB007/07: Tue 14:00–15:50 B116, J. Kadaši
PB007/08: Wed 18:00–19:50 A319, T. Krutý
PB007/09: Tue 16:00–17:50 B116, M. Macik
PB007/10: Tue 18:00–19:50 A218, M. Macik
PB007/11_EN: Tue 10:00–11:50 B116, B. Rossi
PB007/12: Thu 18:00–19:50 A215, M. Karolyi
PB007/13: Thu 16:00–17:50 A215, M. Karolyi
PB007/14: Fri 12:00–13:50 B116, D. Schramm
PB007/15: Thu 10:00–11:50 B116, D. Schramm
PB007/16: Mon 12:00–13:50 A215, M. Naušová
PB007/17: Wed 10:00–11:50 A215, M. Naušová
PB007/18: Thu 12:00–13:50 B116, J. Konstant
PB007/19: Thu 14:00–15:50 B117, J. Konstant
PB007/20: Tue 16:00–17:50 C416, F. Lachman
PB007/21: Wed 16:00–17:50 C525, S. Chren
PB007/22: Mon 18:00–19:50 A319, R. Solař
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 60 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Introduction to software engineering.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should:
know the basic steps and tasks of the IS development process;
have detailed understanding of the techniques of requirements specification, system analysis and design, testing and maintenance;
know the basic characteristics and differences of the structured and object-oriented approach to system analysis and design;
be able to model a medium-size IS in UML.
- Software development, UML Use Case diagram.
- Requirements specification, UML Activity diagram.
- System analysis and design, structured vs. object-oriented A&D.
- Object oriented analysis, UML Class diagram, Object diagram and State diagram.
- Structured analysis, data modelling, ERD.
- High-level design, UML Class diagram in design.
- Low-level design and implementation, UML Interaction diagrams.
- Architecture design, UML Package, Component and Deployment diagram.
- Testing, verification and validation.
- Operation, maintenance and system evolution.
- Software development management.
- Advanced software engineering techniques.
- SOMMERVILLE, Ian. Software engineering. 6th ed. Harlow: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 2001. xx, 693. ISBN 020139815X. info
- ARLOW, Jim and Ila NEUSTADT. UML 2.0 and the unified process : practical object-oriented analysis and design. 2nd ed. Boston: Addison-Wesley, 2005. xxiii, 592. ISBN 9780321321275. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, team projects (2-3 member teams).
- Assessment methods
- Team UML project (required to be completed before the exam), weekly tests (10 tests, 20 points) and final written exam consisting of a test (7 questions, 35 points) and UML model (35 points). At least 50 points are required for passing the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2019/PB007