FI:PV005 Computer Network Services - Course Information
PV005 Computer Network ServicesFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jan Kasprzak, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Tomáš Obšívač (lecturer)
RNDr. Mgr. Jaroslav Bayer (assistant)
RNDr. Hana Bydžovská, Ph.D. (assistant)
RNDr. Patrícia Eibenová (assistant)
RNDr. Jan Géryk, Ph.D. (assistant)
RNDr. Daniel Jakubík (assistant)
Mgr. Ľuboš Lunter (assistant)
RNDr. Ing. Lucie Pekárková (assistant)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Tomáš Szaniszlo (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 76 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course provides an introduction to the computer networks questions as far as both technical aspects and software aspects are concerned. The students will be also acquainted with basic provided services.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to orientate in technologies available to students at the Faculty of Informatics, will understand basic principles of computer networks and basic network services.
- TCP/IP Networks: architecture, addressing, routing, BIND.
- Network services under TCP/IP: telnet/rlogin, ftp/rcp.
- E-mail: RFC 822, MIME, system architecture.
- WWW: URL, httpd, clients.
- WWW server. http protocol.
- Secure communication: ssh, SSL, https etc.
- Local area networks media.
- Teaching methods
- The course contains facultative seminars in the form of lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Each seminar is finished by a mandatory electronical test, which must be passed in IS MU within two weeks. Successfully passed tests are the condition for getting through the course. Organizational instructions are described in the course study materials.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2020/PV005