FI:DUVOD Introduction to PhD study - Course Information
DUVOD Introduction to PhD studyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Petr Holub, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Radka Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. David Šafránek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jan Obdržálek, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- DUVOD/01: Tue 8:00–9:50 A107
DUVOD/02: Wed 14:00–15:50 B007
DUVOD/03: Fri 12:00–13:50 C511
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Course objectives
- The goal is to give basic orientation in the PhD study at Faculty of Informatics at Masaryk University. After taking this course, students will have a clear view on the structure of PhD study, its formal general requirements. He will also get basic knowledge about basic and general principles of a research work and will have necessary information about skills needed for successful completion of PhD study.
- Introduction to PhD study, its structure
- Basic formal requirements, courses, credits, ...
- Interaction with supervisor and consultants, solving of problems related to the study
- Work with literature, search and recognition of relevant information, sources of scientific literature and information
- Principles of bibliographic search, analysis of scientific text
- Principles of research work, experiments
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminaries and individual work
- Assessment methods
- Fulfilling requirements
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinace přednášek a práce v seminárních skupinách v rozsahu cca 2 hodiny týdně.