FI:DUVOD Introduction to PhD study - Course Information
DUVOD Introduction to PhD studyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Igor Peterlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Petr Holub, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Vladimír Ulman, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc. (lecturer)
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 14:00–15:50 G125
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal is to give basic orientation in the PhD study at Faculty of Informatics at Masaryk University. After taking this course, students will have a clear view on the structure of PhD study, its formal general requirements. He will also get basic knowledge about basic and general principles of a research work and will have necessary information about skills needed for successful completion of PhD study.
- Introduction to PhD study, its structure
- Principles of scientific work, evaluation and financing of research, progress in academic career
- Publication, work with literature, electronic sources of scientific information, work with bibliography, citation rules
- Publication at conferences, choice of conference, program committee, review process
- Publication in journals, editorial board, review process
- Impact factor, types of journals and articles, books, posters
- How to write scientific articles properly, structure, style
- Review and presentation of scientific articles by students
- Travel warrants, administrative issues, travel phases
- Basics of experimantal work, applied statistics
- Proposition and conducting of experiments, evaluation and presentation of results
- Ethics in science, authorship, nonpublic pieces of information, conflicts
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminaries and individual work
- Assessment methods
- Fulfilling requirements
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinace přednášek a práce v seminárních skupinách v rozsahu cca 2 hodiny týdně.