FI:PA185 Interim Project I - Course Information
PA185 Interim Project IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/8. 8 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jitka Kitner (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- PA116 Domain Modeling && PA179 Project Management && PV203 IT Services Management &&(! PA180 Interim Project I+II )&&(! NOW ( PA180 Interim Project I+II ))&& SOUHLAS
PV203 and PA181 and PA116 and PV207 and PA179.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Service Science, Management and Engineering (eng.) (programme FI, N-AP)
- Service Science, Management and Engineering (programme FI, N-AP)
- Social Informatics (programme FI, B-AP)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to work on a junior level position in a service oriented company.
- Business oriented or more research oriented alternative can be chosen.
- This is the research oriented alternative - first part.
- It involves 5 months half time work/research in a business partner company operating in Service Science Management and Engineering field. According to faculty guarantor and business partner guarantor the student creates a technical report on the project.
- The student is obliged to obtain all 15 credits from one partner. In case of change of the partner for the project the credits from the previous partner are not taken into account except the situation the faculty guarantor together with the guarantor of the new partner make an explicit decision that it is possible to take previous credits into account.
- Student has a possibility to choose a business partner from a set of partners contracted by faculty for interim project accomplishment.
- The 15 ECTS for the whole interim project are obtained by the following steps: (1) by this course students earn 8 credits. (2) This course must be followed by the course PA186 to earn the following 7 credits plus 1 per colloquium. The course PA186 has to be performed by the same business partner as the course PA185 is. The work for a partner is then 2 or 3 days per week.
- The regime is prescribed by the contract with particular partner and is chosen for benefit of both, the student and the partner.
- Students will work on real partner's research projects obligatory connected with SSME.
- Regular meetings on project progress have to be held by at least three persons: the student, the faculty guarantor, the business partner guarantor, and possibly a project or sub-project manager from the partner organization.
- The project ends with student's public presentation of his/her results on faculty seminar.
- Results of the project must be used in a way in student's master thesis.
- The student is obliged to follow the Cooperation Terms and the Recommended process for students. Detailed information is available at the Interim Project section at the website ssme.fi.muni.cz.
- Humpolíček, Pavel - Uhrová, Alena. Desatero pro praxi - aneb jak využít povinnost.
- Teaching methods
- Internship within a business partner organization. Work on real-life projects with service orientation. Comparation of learned theory with practice. Feedback elaboration.
- Assessment methods
- A technical report on the project and a public presentation of results on a faculty seminar is required to obtain the colloquium. To this the PA186 has to be performed by the same business partner.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Research - 1st semester: credit value: 8 ECTS.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information