FI:PA180 Interim Project Business - Course Information
PA180 Interim Project I+IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/16. 15 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Alena Hooperová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Bc. Alena Hooperová
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- PV206 Communication and Soft Skills &&( PA179 Project Management || NOW ( PA179 Project Management ))&&((! PA185 Interim Project I )&&(!( NOW ( PA185 Interim Project I ))))&& SOUHLAS
PV203 and PA181 and PA116 and PV207 and PA179.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal is to complete an internship in a business on a job position that requires T-shaped skills.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to work on a junior level position in a service oriented company.
- The Interim Project is based on taking up an internship in an organisation (company, state authority, etc.) with a focus in the area of study. The interim duration is 600 working hours, of which at least 300 will take place within the term's tuition period. Traineeship taken in AUTUMN term may start as early as July 1st, in SPRING term as early as January 1st of the pertinent year.
- The student's work in the course of the internship must comply with the T-shaped prifile, requiring both deep IT knowledge and experience and extensive overview and basic skills in other disciplines (economy, marketing, management, law etc.).
- The daily working shift will not exceed 8 hours.
- No contract between the Faculty and the organisation is required.
- While students may also choose from the offer published at the document server or from our partner companies (https://www.fi.muni.cz/for-partners/partners.html.en), it is up them to arrange their internship independently.
- Students must make sure the company guarantor meets the stipulated criteria, i.e. completed university education in a technical field with at least three years of experience in the area of the internship. The guarantor’s experience is calculated as of their university graduation.
- Student has a possibility to choose a business partner from a set of partners contracted by faculty for interim project accomplishment.
- Students must complete their entire Interim Project in one organisation. Exceptions are only possible with the lecturer’s consent. In case there is a threat of conflict of interests, the teacher may choose not to approve the course registration.
- IMPORTANT: As an essential precondition for approval of the registration/enrolment of the course the student must deliver signed Interim Proposal. Student will deliver the signed paper five days before enrolment at the latest to the course's Study Materials internship, specifically file: "Interim Proposal".
- At the beginning of the term (deadline to be specified by the lecturer) students will provide an Internship Acceptance Protocol. Students will deliver the Acceptance Protocol bearing signatures of the student and the company guarantor using the Homework Vaults.
- In the course of the term students will deliver the interim report electronically using the Homework Vaults (deadline to be specified by the lecturer).
- The students will file the Technical Report via IS ten days before the end of the course (in the form of an interview), while presentation and Confirmation of Completion must be uploaded three days before the end of the course. The lecturer will announce dates for final interviews with students that provide basis for final assessment.
- Should you have any questions, contact administrator Alena Hooperová by email.
- Humpolíček, Pavel - Uhrová, Alena. Desatero pro praxi - aneb jak využít povinnost.
- Teaching methods
- Internship within a business partner organization. Work on real-life projects with service orientation. Comparation of learned theory with practice. Feedback elaboration.
- Assessment methods
- A technical report on the project and a public presentation of results on a faculty seminar is required to obtain the colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses