FI:SA101 Internship - Management 1/2 - Course Information
SA101 Internship - Management 1/2Faculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Alena Hooperová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Bc. Alena Hooperová
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- PV206 Communication and Soft Skills &&( PA179 Project Management || NOW ( PA179 Project Management ))&&((! PA180 Interim Project Business )&&(!( NOW ( PA180 Interim Project Business ))))&& SOUHLAS
PV203 and PA181 and PA116 and PV207 and PA179.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to work on a junior level position in a service oriented company.
- Business oriented or more research oriented alternative can be chosen.
- This is the research oriented alternative - first part.
- The course is based on taking an internship in an organisation (company, state authority etc.) with focus in the area of study. The student's work in the course of the internship must comply with the T-shaped profile, requiring both deep IT knowledge and experience and extensive overview and basic skills in other disciplines (economy, marketing, management, law etc.).
- SA101 duration is 200 working hours of which at least 100 hours within the term's tuition period. Traineeship taken in AUTUMN term may start as early as July 1st, in SPRING term as early as January 1st of the pertinent year.
- Daily working shift will not exceed 8 hours.
- While students may choose from the offer published at the document server or from the Faculty's Industrial Partners, it is up them to arrange their internship independently. Students must make sure the company guarantor meets stipulated criteria, i.e. completed university education in technical field with three years of experience in the area of the internship in the least. The guarantor’s experience is calculated as of their university graduation.
- SA101 is the first part of the internship to be followed up by SA102 in the same organisation in subsequent term. Exceptions are only possible with the lecturer’s consent. In case there is a threat of conflict of interests, the lecturer may choose not to approve the enrolment.
- IMPORTANT: As an essential precondition for approval (do not forget to apply for approval in the IS) of the registration/enrolment of the course, the student must deliver signed Interim Proposal. Student will deliver the signed paper five days before enrolment at the latest to the course's Study Materials internship, file: "Interim Proposal".
- At the beginning of the term (deadline to be specified by the lecturer) students will provide Internship Acceptance Protocol. Students will deliver the Acceptance Protocol bearing signatures of the student and the company guarantor using the Homework Vaults. In the course of the term students will deliver the interim report electronically using the Homework Vaults (deadline to be specified by the lecturer).
- The students will file Technical Report and Confirmation of Completion via IS during the examination period.
- Humpolíček, Pavel - Uhrová, Alena. Desatero pro praxi - aneb jak využít povinnost.
- Teaching methods
- Internship within a business partner organization. Work on real-life projects with service orientation. Comparation of learned theory with practice. Feedback elaboration.
- Assessment methods
- Technical reports and a presentation are required to obtain the colloquium. SA102 must be carried out with the same institution .
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Stáž v minimálním rozsahu 200 hodin (6 týdnů).
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2021/SA101