FI:PA128 Multimedia data indexing - Course Information
PA128 Multimedia data indexingFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
- Thu 16:00–17:50 B007
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! P128 Multimedia data indexing
Základy technické angličtiny
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to teach students the state of the art of the multimedia data indexing.
- Indexing and multimedia data; similarity measures; primary and secondary key access methods; multidimensional data indexing; metric data indexing; signature files; text data indexing; principles of signal indexing; one-dimensional signals (sequences); two-dimensional signals (digital images); retrieving parts; dimensionality reduction methods; applications.
- Christos Faloutsos, Searching Multimedia Databases by Content.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- seminář ukončený zkouškou
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses