FI:PA128 Similarity Searching - Course Information
PA128 Similarity Searching in Multimedia DataFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
- Mon 16:00–17:50 B204
- ! P128 Multimedia data indexing
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to teach students the state of the art of the similarity searching in multimedia data.
- Part I Metric Searching in a Nutshell: Foundations of Metric Space Searching - Survey of Existing Approaches. Part II Metric Searching in Large Collections of Data: Centralized Index Structures - Approximate Similarity Search - Parallel and Distributed Indexes.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Oral exam in English or Czech.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses