FI:PV217 Service Oriented Architecture - Course Information
PV217 Service Oriented ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Stanislav Michelfeit (lecturer), RNDr. Zdenko Staníček, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Zdenko Staníček, Ph.D.
- Fri 1. 4. 10:00–15:50 G101, Fri 15. 4. 10:00–15:50 G101, Fri 6. 5. 10:00–15:50 G101, Fri 20. 5. 10:00–15:50 G101
- No pre-requisities are compulsory. It is recomended to have earned credits in SSME obligatory subjects.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 36 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is organized into 4 modules, which explain At the end of the course students should be able to:
work with SOA basics;
understand and explain SOA values;
understand model of SOA management.
- Module 1: Introducing service oriented architecture (SOA): SOA definition and concepts, Web services definition.
- Module 2: SOA business aspects: standards of Web services, implementation SOA using Web services, business aspects of SOA and Web services.
- Module 3: SOA technology aspects: Web services and SOA aspects, key elements of transfer to SOA plan.
- Module 4: Model of SOA implementation management: meaning and necessity of SOA management model.
- Thomas Erl: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA): Concepts, Technology and Design, Prentice Hall PTR, August, 2005
- Teaching methods
- lectures, presentations by professionals in the domain.
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.