FI:PV217 Service Oriented Architecture - Course Information
PV217 Service Oriented ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Parag Kulkarni, Ph.D., DSc. (lecturer), Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Jitka Kitner (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 16. 4. 12:00–13:50 B204, Wed 18. 4. 8:00–9:50 B204, Fri 20. 4. 8:00–9:50 B204, Mon 23. 4. 12:00–13:50 B204, Wed 25. 4. 8:00–9:50 B204, Fri 27. 4. 8:00–9:50 B204, Mon 30. 4. 12:00–13:50 B204, Wed 2. 5. 8:00–9:50 B204, Fri 4. 5. 8:00–9:50 B204, Mon 7. 5. 12:00–13:50 B204, Wed 9. 5. 8:00–9:50 B204, Fri 11. 5. 8:00–9:50 B204
- No pre-requisities are compulsory. It is recomended to have earned credits in SSME obligatory subjects.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is organized into 4 modules, which explain At the end of the course students should be able to:
work with SOA basics;
understand and explain SOA values;
understand model of SOA management.
- Introducing service oriented architecture (SOA): SOA definition and concepts, Web services definition.
- Basics of SOA – Characteristics of SOA - Comparing SOA to client-server and distributed internet architectures – Anatomy of SOA- How components in an SOA interrelate. Principles of service orientation
- SOA business aspects: standards of Web services, implementation SOA using Web services, business aspects of SOA and Web services. Messaging with SOAP –Message exchange Patterns – Coordination –Atomic Transactions – Business activities – Orchestration – Choreography - Service layer abstraction – Application Service Layer – Business Service Layer – Orchestration Service Layer
- Business-centric SOA – Deriving business services- service modelling - Service Oriented Design – Entity-centric business service design – Application service design – Task centric business service design
- SOA technology aspects: Web services and SOA aspects, key elements of transfer to SOA plan.
- Model of SOA implementation management: meaning and necessity of SOA management model.
- Thomas Erl: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA): Concepts, Technology and Design, Prentice Hall PTR, August, 2005
- Teaching methods
- lectures, presentations by professionals in the domain.
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.