FI:PV193 Accelerated Algorithms - Course Information
PV193 Accelerated AlgorithmsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Wed 14:00–15:50 B202
- Courses PA174 - Design of Digital Systems II, PA176 - Digital Systems Architecture II, PB161 - C++ are necessary for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this courese is understand and master theoretical knowledges necessary for design of the acceleration mechanism for use in the digital system design. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
Principles of algorithm acceleration;
aplication of the hybrid systems.
- Principles of algotithm acceleraton;
- application of the parallelism and computional capacity distribution;
- using of the hybrid systems and harware accelerators;
- acceleration in depence on data types - double, init a char;
- acceleration based on data array types - blank, scalar, vector;
- acceleration in depence on program structures - cycles and conditional statement based on conditon of the scalar value.
- Foster, I.: Designing and Building Parallel Programs. Addisson-Wesley, 1995.
- Bull, M.: Writing Parallel Programs Using OpenMP, Version 1.2. EPCC, University of Edinburgh,
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 2 parts:
1) written test - acceleration of the selected algorithm;
2) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.