FI:DVVVT Research team leadership - Course Information
DVVVT Research team leadershipFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In the framework of this course, PhD students get practical experience with the leadership and management of small research groups consisting of undergraduate students.
- There is no special tuition, PhD students are expected to manage their research teams independently.
- Additionally, there is an opportunity to attend a two-day or three-day retreat seminar for selected students and their teams. The seminars are attend by team coaches from a professional partner company. The seminar contains both the own work of the student team and activities organized by the coaches. The own work of the team is lead by the PhD student and the coaches play a passive role of observers. The coach then provide feedback to the student. The activities organized by the coaches create typical situations occurring in teamwork. Again, the whole team collective as well as the role of each team member are analyzed by the coaches subsequently.
- A Handbook of personnel management practice (Orig.) : Personální management [Grada Publishing, 1999]. info
- Key management ideas : thinkers that changed the management world (Orig.) : Moderní management : základní myšlenkové směry. info
- Positive Management : assertiveness fo managers (Orig.) : Pozitivní řízení : asertivita pro manažery [Management Press, 1997] : Pozitivní řízení : asertivita pro manažery [Management Press, 1999]. info
- Teaching methods
- There is no special tuition, PhD students can consult their supervisors.
- Assessment methods
- There is no exam or test, the only expected outcome is a successfully finished research project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.