FSpS:bp1148 Pathology - Course Information
bp1148 PathologyFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Jiří Lenz, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Robert Vysoký, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Jiří Lenz, Ph.D.
Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Thu 7:00–8:40 A11/311
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- bp1830 Anatomy I && bp1837 Introduction to Physiotherapy - Propedeutics I && bp1803 Kineziotherapy && bp1138 Diagnostics methods I && bp1863 Physical Therapy I && bp1895 Applied Physical Therapy I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme FSpS, B-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim is to introduce the teaching of pathology concepts with expert human pathology and understanding the basic general pathological processes of the human body, that causes disease, including the reactions of the organism compensatory mechanisms and forms of healing. In other classes students will be familiar with the pathological processes in various organ systems emphasizing the pathology of the motor system.
- Introduction to pathology - the subject of pathology, the application of pathology, basic concepts (1 hour). Termination of the body - death and postmortem changes (1 hour). Causes of Disease - exogenous (including musculoskeletal injuries) and endogenous causes of disease (2 hours). Regressive and metabolic changes, progressive changes - necrosis, atrophy and dystrophy, pigments, stones, regeneration, repair, hypertrophy, hyperplasia, metaplasia, dysplasia (2 hours). Inflammation - a defensive reaction of the organism, local and general symptoms, forms of inflammation (2 hours). Oncology - cancer, tumor characteristics and division, precanceroses, false tumors, therapy, prevention of bone tumors (2 hours). Circulatory disorders and pathology of the cardiovascular system (2 hours). Pathology of the central nervous system pathology and endocrine glands (2 hours). Musculoskeletal Pathology - skeletal system (2 hours). Pathology of the musculoskeletal system - muscles (2 hours). Pathology of the urinary and genital system (2 hours). Pathology of respiratory system (2 hours). Pathology of the digestive system (2 hours).
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Successful completion of the final written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- bp1873 Clinical kinesiology I
(bp1054||bp1854) && bp1133 && (bp1139||bp1839) && (bp1142||bp1842) && (bp1143||bp1843) && (bp1144||bp1844) && bp1148 && (bp1149||bp1849) && (bp1150||bp1850) && bp1264 && (bp1296||bp1896) && bp1806 && bp1147
- bp1879 Principles of diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders I
(bp1054||bp1854) && bp1133 && (bp1139||bp1839) && (bp1142||bp1842) && (bp1143||bp1843) && (bp1144||bp1844) && bp1148 && (bp1149||bp1849) && (bp1150||bp1850) && bp1264 && (bp1296||bp1896)
- bp1873 Clinical kinesiology I
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/bp1148