FSpS:e008 First Aid - Course Information
e008 First AidFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Milan Mojžíš (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jindřich Vomela, CSc., LL.M.
Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: name risks linked with giving first aid and name life-saving acts;
-distinguish unconsciousness with kept vital signs from necessity of starting of CPR;
-practice CPR (adult, child, baby and by state of near-drowning) change script of CPR, if there is possibility of AED using;
-do buccelation of life-threatening bleeding – make out gravity of possible damage of organism from accident mechanism and react adequately;
-discuss possibilities of prevention due to rise of accidental or non-accidental case at school or in common life
- 1. Assessing the Situation.Basic situation.
- 2. External and Internal bleeding.
- 3. Uncosciousness.CPR Guidelines 2015. Recovery position.
- 4. Non - accidental causes
- 5. Musculoskeletal Injuries.Spinal injuries.
- recommended literature
- FLEGEL, Melinda J. Sport first aid. 4th ed. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2008. vii, 317. ISBN 9780736076012. info
- Teaching methods
- - theoretical and practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- -practical examination of CPR by Guidelines 2015 - theoretical test (multiple choices) -80% attendance at seminars
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.